Playing D3 Video Through Media Players

Reaction score
So has anyone seriously not figured out a way to play the D3 Videos filmed with the camera through various media players? Please don't response with comments about using the phone through HDMI to do it. That is a pointless solution in the long run when you build a photo/video library on your HDD that most people want to actually watch a slide show of.

I really don't see why it has to be so difficult. Verizon Media Manager can't even handle to play through the DVR. Nor can my Samsung TV, Xbox 360, or Seagate Free Agent.

I just came back from a trip to Europe.. it would be nice to kick back and watch the photos and videos play in slideshow in order, but it just doesn't work. Even while using the phone hooked up to HDMI, slideshow will only play the photos and show a still image of the video. You'd think this would be a no-brainer.

Reaction score
You could always pull the pictures and movies from your phone and place them on your computer and stream them to what you would like. Its simple and a no brainer to me lol

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
B
Reaction score
You could always pull the pictures and movies from your phone and place them on your computer and stream them to what you would like. Its simple and a no brainer to me lol

Really now? So you are staying you have already found a way that actually works or you are assuming it will work without actually trying.. because if you read my post you'd understand that is exactly what I've already tried to do and none of the most common ways work for video. They simply do not play them or recognize them. This includes Verizon's own Media Manager (which I am not a fan of to begin with.)

Oh wait.... you are filming in 720p aren't you? Yeah.. those will work just fine. Let me know when you actually get 1080p videos to do the same.

Hint: you won't.

Reaction score
No I filmed a couple in 1080p pulled them from my phone to edit them and check quality same with 8MP Stills they all pulled fine without losing quality I use windows media player to play and view all my media from my phone. And I read all of your post. And I have no idea why its not working for you im sorry and hope you find a solution soon
Edit: just streamed the short clip I have too my xbox 360 and it did it just fine without lag and no buffering for me

Last edited:
OP
B
Reaction score
It sounds like you are converting them. I thought to do that, but didn't want to have to bother. YouTube, however.. has been excellent in handling them correctly. What do you use?

infinity8x3

Reaction score
HDMI/DVI from pc to tv I do that all the time watching movies and playing games.

OP
B
Reaction score
HDMI/DVI from pc to tv I do that all the time watching movies and playing games.

That works fine until it's time to move the files to a HDD for archiving and making room on the SD cards. You have a whole library with years of photos and video archived.. are you going to copy them to your D3 just to plug in via HDMI everytime?