Play Videos Upside Down

SEGA

Reaction score
Hey everyone I have a question about any available app that can play videos upside down.

Verizon has this deal with phone manufacturers to put the charging cord on the left side of their phones, at least that's my take on the conspiracy to sell docking stations. . lol

I do not want to carry a docking station with me when I'm out, I just want to watch a video while my phone charges, but it just can't be with the charging cord on the left side of the phone.

I know the Droid is capable of playing videos from any angle.. but as anyone seen a video player app that can do it?

Note: my first post using Droid touch keybaord so sorry if there are any misspelled woods.

D

dvdcatalyst

I'm not sure, but Act 1 is a video player that has quite a few different options related to screen size and such, so that might be worth a shot. Another option is to do it with a conversion tool. A few versions ago, I implemented a rotation option in DVD Catalyst 3 for someone who needed it for a similar purpose.

Edit, I looked up the feature-list, and its a no-go, sorry

Here's a list of features you can find in Act 1:

• On-screen clock, timer, and battery meter
  • Seeking by seekbar, screen gestures (course), and trackball (fine)
  • Screen brightness control via slider or keyboard
  • Resume points remembered for all your videos
  • Video sorting options
  • Up to 10 bookmarks for each video
  • Playlists
  • Support for any screen size
  • Video zoom options (aspect, full, none)
  • "Screen Off" mode so you can just listen without video and save battery
  • Can be used as the system default video player
  • Delete/rename videos
  • Lots of shortcuts, conveniences, and configurations
  • Support for SRT subtitles

A quick google doesn't help either :(

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
SEGA

SEGA

Reaction score
Googled all night at work, hence the reason why I have both apps you mentioned, plus a couple more to boot.. (even read a thread you were in talking about your app)

Was looking for an app that would (when flipping the phone to it's right side) make the droid think i'm flipping it to the left side, and make the image, video, youtube app, show landscape upside down.

D

dvdcatalyst

Googled all night at work, hence the reason why I have both apps you mentioned, plus a couple more to boot.. (even read a thread you were in talking about your app)

Was looking for an app that would (when flipping the phone to it's right side) make the droid think i'm flipping it to the left side, and make the image, video, youtube app, show landscape upside down.

It should be possible, but I don't think a standard rom would be capable of doing it.
I'd suggest to contact one of the ROM developers on these forums (the guys that do the custom roms) and see if they can do something like implementing a setting to invert the accelerometer settings. That should do the trick I think.