Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
I'm researching this issue for the rest of the Rescue Squad members that I haven't been able to pinpoint just yet. My goal is to avoid yet another FDR that I already did on this device when I received this back from ASUS. So far, there has been no other reports that this section of Google Play is down.

Here is the screen shot of the issue:
KstNkWW.png

This is the only thing that appears which immediately made me think, "SYNC ISSUE!!!" I checked the account and URL Shortener syncing fails...odd?

Troubleshooting Steps
  1. Cleared cache and data and even force closed Google Play AND Google Play Services.
  2. Deleted Google Account. Restarted Device. Readded account.
  3. Literally as I was writing this it was fixed and I will tell you what I did in order to fix it
My Fix
  1. Go to Settings > Accounts > Google. Tap on your Google Account up at the top.
  2. Turn off URL Shortener down at the bottom to prevent it from syncing (or whatever is failing which will be displayed with with a sync symbol and an exclamation point).
  3. Restart Tablet.
  4. Rejoice!
I have yet to actually turn it back on, but I plan to later on after I update my apps and services to see if I still get a sync issue.

EDIT: Ok. I turned it back on. Same issue. I opened the URL Shortener app and it asked me to sign in....??? Signed in with my Google account and then when back to Settings. Turned it on. All is well in the world again.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Wait... Don't do anything else.. Just wait.. This happened to me on Thanksgiving.. I did it ALL. I did a fdr... No change.. Except I couldn't pull down any apps.. It lasted all day. From 9am until 11 pm Thanksgiving day.. I was going to call Google and complain.. But I'm sure they'd say... We're surprised too... Smdh.. It ticked me off to no friggin end..

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I know of about 30 other android users in my area that had the same issue Thanksgiving day.. Nothing fixed it other than waiting..

OP
thunderbolt_nick

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Wait... Don't do anything else.. Just wait.. This happened to me on Thanksgiving.. I did it ALL. I did a fdr... No change.. Except I couldn't pull down any apps.. It lasted all day. From 9am until 11 pm Thanksgiving day.. I was going to call Google and complain.. But I'm sure they'd say... We're surprised too... Smdh.. It ticked me off to no friggin end..

I already fixed it :( I wish I could've started reporting on this before it happened to you. It was a stuck sync. I stopped all syncing that was stuck (mine was URL Shortener for whatever reason). I opened the app itself, signed in, set up sync again, and restarted. All was good. But I was thinking what you were though and I just had to wait in a normal circumstance since it happened out of nowhere.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Trust me.. I cleared cache and data on all of the Google Apps... Even did a factory reset.. Still couldn't pull down anything.. But my turbos dialer works better now.. I also learned that for the turbo dialer to work correctly.. You can't completely shut down the animations in dev options..