"Google Serivces" killing battery

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
But if you turn this particular blanket setting off, doesn't it mean you won't be able to:1. Get weather updates for your location2. Use maps based on your locationetc.??? Unless that is you simply turn it on only when needed.

I use weather off ZIP instead of GPS so it is not always looking for my location. For MAPS I have a NFC tag in my truck that turns just GPS on when I get in, and when I get out I have another tag that turns it off. Don't need anything knowing my location unless I am trying to get somewhere.

BOBD1950

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC M8
I have juice defender which is why I am shocked this happened. I wish there were a "one stop shop" to see all the individual apps/settings I need to focus on. I'm hunting and pecking here and it still looks high to me but I really need to wait until overnight to get a better sense for what's going on. I think what happened was that when I reset the phone I opted into a bunch of "location" type settings for ALL apps so chrome, music, etc. were all running in the background and doing things I didn't want them to do. Just a hunch...
------------------------------

JD and it's PRO Version create more issues than it was intended to address. IMO

Used on 3 JB 4.1 devices and after 2 months no longer and many little power issues have gone missing!
Was fine on the older devices while running ICS first V. Running On Jellybean ..no so much.

Last edited: