Play music through audio jack while Bluetooth on? For car

jadelson6

Reaction score
I am using my Droid 2 Global as my "iPod" via iSyncr. In the car, with Bluetooth on, it automatically plays via Bluetooth. The problem with this is that I can only adjust volume via the phone itself. (In my car, the car stereo volume and on/off do not affect sound coming through Bluetooth.)

I would like to set my phone such that music plays through the wired audio jack, but keep Bluetooth on for phone calls. Is there a way to do this? Thanks very much.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am using my Droid 2 Global as my "iPod" via iSyncr. In the car, with Bluetooth on, it automatically plays via Bluetooth. The problem with this is that I can only adjust volume via the phone itself. (In my car, the car stereo volume and on/off do not affect sound coming through Bluetooth.)

I would like to set my phone such that music plays through the wired audio jack, but keep Bluetooth on for phone calls. Is there a way to do this? Thanks very much.

So you want to play music with the plug in to auxiliary but you want blue tooth from the car to stay on for hands free calling. I think the car would keep this from happening since your selection is auxiliary and not blue tooth.

You could make this work however by using a blue tooth headset. That way you could leave your phone's bluetooth on and plug into auxiliary. When A call came just kill the sound form the receiver (so you can hear) and use your portable bt device.

OP
J

jadelson6

Reaction score
Thanks Hookbill for your response. I would prefer not to use a bluetooth headset as I don't make all that many calls from the car, and I am trying to reduce the number of gadgets I use/control while driving.

It seems what I need is a music player that allows me to configure the music output (only) to the audio jack. btunes claims to have bluetooth controls but they don't say what they control. Does anyone know if btunes or any other app allows you to control this? Thank you.