Bluetooth for car audio

stuhasdroid

Reaction score
I am a new Droid owner. Really liking the phone and the Droid's function. I'm a big music listener and am appreciating the ease with which I copied my music over as well as having slick apps at my fingertips such as Pandora radio.

Previously I was a old school IPOD user and experimented with FM transmitters for car and home audio. I had never moved to the IPOD touch or IPHONE.

Now I'm considering Bluetooth for hands free calling and car audio. Have been doing some reading of the Parrot MK6100 as well as complete Bluetooth car audio systems. Anyone want to share experiences with using Bluetooth for connecting their Droid to their car audio system ?

Thanks,

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I have an inexpensive dual headunit in my work truck. It has bluetooth and hd radio built in. For the $130 I paid for it, its an exceptional radio. Coming from an iphone I was used to using bluetooth streaming for music and audiobooks/podcasts. on this particular unit, it works great. Syncs up pretty easily and you can even use the controls on the radio to play/pause/fwd/bck as well as the remote that came with the stereo. This allows me to put the phone in the mount and not touch it while listening to music.

on my bmw 3 series, the bluetooth worksgood as well. I only use the bluetooth for music and such, not for calling so i couldn't help you with that.

OP
S

stuhasdroid

Reaction score
Was just browsing on the web and I see that Motorola has the MOTOROKR T505. Looks interesting. Was reading a bunch of reviews on BestBuy site. About the same price range, in the neighborhood of $100.

jrocketdroid

Reaction score
I have an inexpensive dual headunit in my work truck. It has bluetooth and hd radio built in. For the $130 I paid for it, its an exceptional radio. Coming from an iphone I was used to using bluetooth streaming for music and audiobooks/podcasts. on this particular unit, it works great. Syncs up pretty easily and you can even use the controls on the radio to play/pause/fwd/bck as well as the remote that came with the stereo. This allows me to put the phone in the mount and not touch it while listening to music.

on my bmw 3 series, the bluetooth worksgood as well. I only use the bluetooth for music and such, not for calling so i couldn't help you with that.

out of curiosity, do you know the model/make of your dual headunit?

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Its an xhd7714. If you are considering one, check it out. The display isnt the best but it works. And having built in BT and HD is great for the price. I was really amazed at how well the HD radio worked. I am in a lager market(Detroit) so I get about 15 stations in HD

out of curiosity, do you know the model/make of your dual headunit?

Moopz

Reaction score

What model year 3 series do you have? I have a '08 3 and don't think bluetooth streaming is possible on mine. The Droid pairs fabulously with the car for calls, but I'd love to stream music.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I don't think bt stereo is supported in the standard unit. I optioned for a smartphone package or something like that. Its an 06.

What model year 3 series do you have? I have a '08 3 and don't think bluetooth streaming is possible on mine. The Droid pairs fabulously with the car for calls, but I'd love to stream music.