Pixel 8 Pro?

Technerd108

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
So I have a Pixel 7 Pro and it is one of my favorite phones of the year. It has been since the 3xl and 4a since I had a Pixel and the P7P finally feels like a genuine flagship. I like the unique design. I like the weight and size for a large phone. The screen and speakers are awesome and the Pixel UI is simply the best.

I also have a S23 ultra I got from Google Fi on pre order half off so it was actually cheaper than the P7P on sale. And while I love the P7P the s23 ultra is so fast and smooth. Never thought I would say that about a Samsung phone but there it is.

So I am pretty excited for the Pixel 8 Pro with a rumored flat screen, ultrasonic fingerprint sensor and 3nm 9 core Tensor G3. The Tensor will still be made by Samsung which I actually don't mind but the 3nm process Samsung is using is supposed to be good. It uses one x3 core, 4 725 or 710 cores and 4 510 cores so arm v9. It should be a powerhouse even though Google will probably under clock it although again that might not be a bad thing.

My two biggest complaints with the P7P are the curved screen and the Tensor G2. Don't get me wrong the G2 is decent but it just doesn't compare to the 8 gen 2. I think the Pixel 8 Pro might just be the best Google phone ever.

Anybody else excited for the Pixel 8 Pro?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
So I have a Pixel 7 Pro and it is one of my favorite phones of the year. It has been since the 3xl and 4a since I had a Pixel and the P7P finally feels like a genuine flagship. I like the unique design. I like the weight and size for a large phone. The screen and speakers are awesome and the Pixel UI is simply the best.

I also have a S23 ultra I got from Google Fi on pre order half off so it was actually cheaper than the P7P on sale. And while I love the P7P the s23 ultra is so fast and smooth. Never thought I would say that about a Samsung phone but there it is.

So I am pretty excited for the Pixel 8 Pro with a rumored flat screen, ultrasonic fingerprint sensor and 3nm 9 core Tensor G3. The Tensor will still be made by Samsung which I actually don't mind but the 3nm process Samsung is using is supposed to be good. It uses one x3 core, 4 725 or 710 cores and 4 510 cores so arm v9. It should be a powerhouse even though Google will probably under clock it although again that might not be a bad thing.

My two biggest complaints with the P7P are the curved screen and the Tensor G2. Don't get me wrong the G2 is decent but it just doesn't compare to the 8 gen 2. I think the Pixel 8 Pro might just be the best Google phone ever.

Anybody else excited for the Pixel 8 Pro?
I agree with you 100%, I'm looking forward to hopefully some improvements with the G3 I love the P7P but I feel like it could definitely do better especially in the battery compartment.. I'm also curious to see what the G3 will help with Google's special features...8 gen 2 is awesome as well as the s23 ultra which is my daily driver right now