pinch, camera adjustment and updates

ociopia

Reaction score
It appears that as the droid doesn't come with a way to connect it to a computer, that it must do all of its updating through cyperspace.

I "hear" there is an update to Android 2.0 coming soon that will "patch" the camera focus issues. Do people think this is true? I've heard that the camera focus issues are bad.

What do you guys think is the likelihood of a pinch and zoom update or, perhaps, someone making a hack that's easy to use that would allow pinch and zoom. This is a fabulous feature - it is on the Eris - can't figure out why it is not on the Droid.

Thanks, Sherry

PridgNYC

Reaction score
It appears that as the droid doesn't come with a way to connect it to a computer, that it must do all of its updating through cyperspace.

I "hear" there is an update to Android 2.0 coming soon that will "patch" the camera focus issues. Do people think this is true? I've heard that the camera focus issues are bad.

What do you guys think is the likelihood of a pinch and zoom update or, perhaps, someone making a hack that's easy to use that would allow pinch and zoom. This is a fabulous feature - it is on the Eris - can't figure out why it is not on the Droid.

Thanks, Sherry

Why would you think it doesn't come with a way to connect it to your computer? It connects just fine to your computer via usb or bluetooth. It shows up as and external drive when you connect it. You can drag and drop files, etc, or use motorola media link to sync your music, pics, videos, etc. Motorola Media Link - Motorola USA There are other programs you can use to sync as well, such as doubletwist...

MAzing87

Reaction score

Thanks, Sherry

Why would you think it doesn't come with a way to connect it to your computer? It connects just fine to your computer via usb or bluetooth. It shows up as and external drive when you connect it. You can drag and drop files, etc, or use motorola media link to sync your music, pics, videos, etc. Motorola Media Link - Motorola USA There are other programs you can use to sync as well, such as doubletwist...

See you're missing a step.

Most people will think the USB won't work. (It happened to me). Once you plug in the USB, you click and drag the top bar (notification bar) on your Droid phone down to see the USB option. You need to activate the USB function by mounting it. You do that by tapping it and it activates the USB mode on the Droid phone.Then you'll see the folders within the SD card and you can swap files to and from your PC.

The extra apps isn't necessary. One USB cable and pc works fine.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes there is a patch coming. Yes you can connect it up via the USB cable that came with it and mount the SDcard and put files on it. Yes you have to do all updates via OTA, that I know of. Yes the OTA on dec.11 is suppose to have a fix for the autofocus. Yes the autofocus on most units is terrible.