pictures slow to load when viewing images.

chrise2004

Reaction score
So i have had the droid for a few days and absolutely love it. I came from a moto Q and have been waiting for this phone for quite some time. Overall everything has worked great except...

I loaded a few pictures up, some of them under 1 mb others around 4mb and i only loaded about 15-20 pics. but whenever i go thru the gallery about 9 out of 10 times it will crash and ask if i want to Force Close or Wait. I've tried taking the sd card out and then putting it back in but that hasn't resolved anything.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue or has a fix for it?

Thanks in advance for your help. I'm so glad i found this forum!

metalmenance

Reaction score
its as simple as the very large ones, i loaded a folder full of pics and most were large like 2048x1536 / 1.11mb which is size from my reg digital camera. the folder was slow to view pics, then I resized them to the size of 1280x960 for ex and the folder opened and pics load fast. If you have that much detail with pic folders of more than 20-30 pics it just takes a sec to load all that info, plain and simple no diff then an older pc doing the same afterall if the droid had 4gb of ram like my laptop then it would have no problems,,,,

OP
C

chrise2004

Reaction score
thanks metalmenance for the reply. i figured it was just getting bogged. down i'll make sure i resize my pics and throw them on there. thanks

also sweet camaro.