Pictures distorted

Beachrat

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone else had this issue. I originally set up the camera to max resolution, 8MP, and storing pics on my SD card. Card has plenty of space on it. After about 2 weeks all new pics taken were distorted by being chopped into 3 or 4 rectangular images all with different colors or hues.
After checking everything I changed the resolution down to 5MP but the problem still exists. I then changed the storage to internal and the problem disappeared. Tried 5MP to the card and problem was back. Switched back to internal memory for now. Card issue or buss issue??

Meticode

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone else had this issue. I originally set up the camera to max resolution, 8MP, and storing pics on my SD card. Card has plenty of space on it. After about 2 weeks all new pics taken were distorted by being chopped into 3 or 4 rectangular images all with different colors or hues.
After checking everything I changed the resolution down to 5MP but the problem still exists. I then changed the storage to internal and the problem disappeared. Tried 5MP to the card and problem was back. Switched back to internal memory for now. Card issue or buss issue??
I'm guessing it's either your card or something to do with the phone reading the card. When I bought my original Motorola Droid I had the exact same problem you're speaking off. It was pissing me off. Even MP3 files, and update.zip files would mess up because the phone wouldn't read them correctly off the card. I went to Verizon and told them about the problem. The service rep there tried to brush it off as "They'll be an update for software to fix that." I felt this was a bunch of crock because I looked everywhere on the net any no one was reporting this problem. I went back a week later and they replaced the SD card. I stood in the store and repeated the same bug you're reporting with the new SD card. I told them I thought it had to do with someone about the phone reading the card. The replaced the phone with a new one using the same old SD card i was using and it fixed the problem and i never got it again.

My suggestion to you to get past all the crap I went through is to take it to Verizon and tell them, "When I try to look at pictures on my phone on my SD card, they're all distorted with wierd colors, but when I read the SD card on another phone, they view perfectly fine." If you're under warranty they should give you a replacement phone like they did me.

alamartin4

Reaction score
My phone did the exact same thing. They sent me a new phone and it was to no avail. Ended up being a bad memory card. Bought a new one, no more problems