Help!! Picture saving problems

jnuts5423

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. I know there in the phone, the location is my question. If I open my gallery or open my qicpick app(I dont like the stock gallery,) I cant see any picture I've taken with this phone. I see everything, even some stuff from when I was running a custom ics ROM. But I can't see my recent pictures from a gallery. the only way I see them is actually opening the camera and clicking on the pictures in the corner. Then I see them. But I can't find them fore nothing even using root explorer and searching in the sd card and ext card. Any ideas.and yes I have storage location set to sd card. Just can't see them to upload to Facebook per say without going through the camera to see them

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
I dont know the application you are running. I use 3d gallery and I have had some weird things happening with mine. I have yet to find any answers. Mine isnt with pictures I took with the camera - they are with pictures I physically transferred on to the SD card that have magically disappeared. I can view them but there is no file location for them. in the 3D gallery view it has a lil triangle on them (i was thinking some cloud program but I never set one up!!)

Lacuna

Reaction score
Internal vs External Storage

I've been having similar issues. I use FishBowl Gallery. Today I attempted to move my images from my external SD card to my laptop. The images were not on the external card. After a bit of probing, they were clearly on the phone's internal storage. I rechecked my settings and confirmed that default storage was to the external SD card. I mounted my SD card, the phone asked if I wanted to move my pictures from internal storage to external (presumably to the card I just inserted). I clicked "OK". It did it's job and said nothing was left. When I looked, still nothing on the external card.

I used a file manager (ES File Explorer) and after a couple of attempts to move the pictures folder to the external SD card I realized that my INTERNAL card was actually listed as "SD Card" while my EXTERNAL card was listed as "SD Card - Ext". Well, that's just dumb.

So that explained one thing - my photos were not successfully moved to the SD card because I was picking "SD Card" (which is actually the INTERNAL storage).

When moving files, I moved back up a directory to the root and the external SD Card was listed (again, as SD Card - ext). I was able to move the photos to the proper removable storage card.

In addition, under the main default directory listing, there was an "ext" folder. This was actually a link to my removable SD Card. Stupid, IMHO.

That begs the question - why does the option in the system settings not make it clear that the SD Storage option is actually the NON-removable built-in SD Card? And why is there no option (as far as I've found) to default to the removable storage?

I haven't messed with it enough to see if there is a "work around".

I've been using Droids for years and love them. This is the first one I've had that had this issue.

Thanks for listeing. Hope I didn't just write a bunch of crap that's obvious to everyone, and that I'm now just catching on to. :)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The only thing I know to do is manually move the pics. It sucks i know. I'm not sure why there isn't a way to set it up to save directly to the sdcard-ext.

And welcome to the forum, enjoy. :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!