Picture to a wallpaper

Nutterhead

Reaction score
Hello I took a picture with the camera on my incredible and am trying to use It as a wall paper but I cant select the whole picture. Is it just me or is the picture too big. I would think since it is a picture that I took with the phones camera I could use the whole thing. Help ... thanks

kmo

Reaction score
I put my pics into photos "my_ pix" and just import them from there to create my homescreen. I have several screens so I just save them to the phone so I can easily switch between them, I've created custom names as well so I know which screen I'm choosing when making a switch.

OP
N

Nutterhead

Reaction score
Kmo that sounds great except I am new to Droid and don't have a clue how to do that. Do you mind walking ke through the process?

kmo

Reaction score
When I first got my phone I added an 8gb sd card to it and just connected it to my Macbook. Both of my drives (8gb phone/8gb sd card) showed up on my desktop, I then dragged and dropped the photos I wanted to the sd card, in my pics file I created on the sd card. Then after disconnecting from my computer the pics were in my_pix on my phone. Go to> menu wallpapers/photos and pick your photo you want. Save it to desktop. Then you can go to>menu/settings/personalize/my scenes and save the custom pic/scene. There are also HTC scenes in the personalize section that you can pick from too... Hope I didn't make this sound more difficult than it is. As far as cropping, I just let the phone do it's thing with the auto crop that the phone starts with. It kind of knows what to format for the screen. You can experiment with that to see what you can do as well.

Last edited:

shamus

Reaction score
I think you guys are talking about two different things.

The crop issue can't really be fixed on the fly per se. Although there might be an app for resizing pics.
You can put the pic on a PC and resize it.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Yeah as far as i know you have to put the pic on a computer and resize it to 960x800. The only thing is for it to look good it has to be bigger than 960x800 before you resize it.

kmo

Reaction score
Maybe, I tried cropping some of my shots and I usually end up right where the phone starts with the square centered up. The bigger I adjust the crop box I've found that they don't look right on the screen. It's kind of trial and error but I haven't been able to crop the whole pic with good results.... I haven't tried resizing anything yet. But overall I'm happy with the shots on my screen.