Picture of hologram on extended battery, please?

pistacio

Reaction score
Could someone please post a picture or two of their OEM extended battery BW8X (front and back) bought from VERIZON? Mainly the motorola hologram on it.

I'm curious if I have a counterfeit. I did buy thru a vzw retailer (wireless zone) only because I had a gift certificate, but it didn't come in the official box.

Thanks.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

z96Cobra

Reaction score
I've bought 3 (at different times) of them from VZW (online) & I can't remember them coming in a box (maybe they did & I just don't remember). Mine did come in a plastic bag with the back cover. I'll try to get you some pics when I get home.

z96Cobra

Reaction score
The pics are of a battery I bought about a month ago. The other 2 I have are almost a year old & look slightly different. The backs are black on the top half & white on the bottom. They layout on the front is different too.

OP
pistacio

pistacio

Reaction score
Thanks! Mine came in the sealed bag also. Looks exactly like that. Although, this bionic I bought came with one that looks different... I'll post a picture tomorrow. Glad I ordered one thru verizon.

Thanks again.

z96Cobra

Reaction score
The hologram has 3 layers. This is the best shot I could get. Motorola is the easiest to see, then the big M in the middle. The hardest to see is all of the little M's.

View attachment 56809

OP
pistacio

pistacio

Reaction score
Got some pics:

The one I bought thru verizon is on the plastic bag.

emaremy5.jpg

Verizon bought :

3adu6ame.jpg

Came with phone :

sy3u5u5a.jpg

Not sure what to make of the one that came with the phone(last pic) ... It does have the hologram...genuine?

Last edited:

z96Cobra

Reaction score
The one that came with your phone looks just like my 2 older batts. The new one you have looks just like my new one. If you look at your batts, you'll see a date like 20111107 on your older one and 20111211 on your new one. I'm guessing they just switched designs late last year.

OP
pistacio

pistacio

Reaction score
Ok, feeling more comfortable that I have two genuine motorola batteries.

Thanks for the responses!

OP
pistacio

pistacio

Reaction score
Got some great uptime with the extended battery with the help of Smartactions on the ICS 232 leak:

5e8yza2y.jpg

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2