Pics & Review of the Otterbox case

jcardona1

Reaction score
My Otterbox Commuter case arrived today. overall impressions were great. the case is built great, has a great finish, fits great, the buttons works great, and even comes with a screen protector that fits much better than verizon crap. id say this is a great $35 investment. i'm extremely pleased
icon_%20banana.gif

DSC_8832.jpg

DSC_8834.jpg

DSC_8836.jpg

DSC_8837.jpg

DSC_8838.jpg

DSC_8840.jpg

DSC_8841.jpg

DSC_8842.jpg

DSC_8844.jpg

DSC_8845.jpg

DSC_8847.jpg

LMac8806

Reaction score
Might be just me, but I find the side buttons (volume, camera, power) easier to use since I put my Otter Box on. Better grip and more responsive, IMO.

Desert Eagle

Reaction score
Should be getting mine in in the next day or so. Looking forward to seeing it on my own droid and not just on pics.

jeebuss1

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics. Very nice. I'm also considering this case.

OP
jcardona1

jcardona1

Reaction score
^ dont have the OEM dock so i cant say, but i'm assuming it doesnt

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Looks ok. I like more style than rugged looks on my phone but looks like it protects from dust and other things very well with the buttons and ports covered by rubber that you can open.

OP
jcardona1

jcardona1

Reaction score
the back part of the case is extremely easy to take off, just like any other simple snap-on case. nothing like the body glove crap. and the way they made the mounting tabs is awesome. other cases ive tried interefere with the sliding keyboard a lot. this one creates no resistance whatsoever!

BrooklynDROID

Reaction score
Looks great:)

Now, if OtterBox would come out with a holster for it, like the VZ Shell/Holster combo, then I would get one for sure.

Desert Eagle

Reaction score
Just got the case, and it fits perfectly. No complaints at all with that. The top part surprised me with how well it fit also. Now at least on mine the very bottom, near the speaker, has some give and i can push down on it and it moves. Not a big complaint at all. But the only real complaint i have is the material the back is made out of. I personally like the rubber feel like the actual back of the droid has, but this case is just smooth plastic. Kind of feels like it may slide out of my hand. But overall it is a great case and looks good.

husker_fan

Reaction score
How does this compare to the Seidio case? I currently have a Seidio case and one of the tabs just broke on it :mad: and am now considering this case.

I see one response saying it is slick and plastic? Is all of it slick or just part of it?

Also, I have the Seidio home dock, is the Otterbox case that much bigger than Seidio to the point that it will not fit into that dock?

thacrownprince

Reaction score
I also received this case. Maybe I was hoping for too much and was disappointed. The Droid won't fit in the Motorola car or home dock with this Otter Box case on. The reason why I bought this case because I was hoping to cover the scratches on the bezel, but the case does not cover it. The second negative thing is that the case feels a little cheap, it doesn't feel like strong polycarbonate material, but it feels more like the Rubbermaid material, it's slippery and feels kind of light and cheap. The photos on Otter Box's PDF website actually makes the back cover look like it could be metal or high quality plastic, but it's not.

The positive would be that the rubberized buttons are a definite plus. Its easier to wake up the phone and sleep the phone with the case on. The headphone jack and charger port have plugs now which will keep dust from coming in the phone. Judging from the way the case is built and also much the case covers, it does seem to provide good protection. Basically if you want a case for protection, then this is for you. But if you want a case that will look good and feel expensive, you will be disappointed.