Pics lost please read

adam207

Reaction score
I tryed to change my wallpapper from one pic to another and it didnt change so i restarted my phone and 4 of my pics are gone but one of the four is still my wallpaper does anyone know how to get pics back or y it would do that??

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Make MC TW

Reaction score
I have the same problem pics just get disappearing from the gallery . But they still exist on the SD card I can find them manually through astro.

Happened more than 3 times already (((

tituswife

Reaction score
What is sdrescan? Had the same problem, which escalated into apps disappearing from phone, then could not install or uninstall apps. Switched to another SD card, which helped for 3 days. SD seems.to be ok, except for app problem. Is that Tbolt hardware or software, or could it even be those save apps to SD card apps?

adt1982

Reaction score
I'm also experiencing missing pictures. A few days ago all of the first missing pictures (taken a few weeks ago) came back. Now I am missing more pics.

They are still there on the SD card.

wolfpackdl90

Reaction score
its a scanner that rescans your sd card for new and old media files, it is the market place. i started missing pictures a couple of weeks ago, and found about this app on the forums, i used the app and all my photos have come back, and since then i havent had any pictures go missing, and if they do just use the app and they should re-appear....

tituswife

Reaction score
Thank you for replying. I made a note to myself, for when my phone will install and uninstall again. Do not understand what SD card has to do with this, since apps are run from the phone hardware, and some are just stored there. Will try to call HTC tomorrow.

wolfpackdl90

Reaction score
if im not mistaking, pictures and media files are stored on the sd card, and yes apps are run from the phone hardware, but if the phone cant find the files (media) on the sd card, then they would appear missing, sdrescan is to find all new and old files from your sd card, so that apps, sms/mms, etc can find/use them.....

tituswife

Reaction score
I will try that app when phone is installing again. Why would changing the SD card make that work again, at least temporarily? I can still use music, view most pics... In the future, I may store all apps I can on the phone. I cannot unmount SD card in settings, and in manage applications, they never stop computing, so can't move back to phone. Weird, huh? Any experience with HTC repair? Verizon says HTC also will just send me a used phone.

blazednova

Reaction score
What is sdrescan? Had the same problem, which escalated into apps disappearing from phone, then could not install or uninstall apps. Switched to another SD card, which helped for 3 days. SD seems.to be ok, except for app problem. Is that Tbolt hardware or software, or could it even be those save apps to SD card apps?

for apps do not save to sdcard, the thunderbolt has more than enough space with its internal memory. and as for the pictures try searching the market for an app that's like the gallery. sorry i can't really help with apps not showing up because i haven't ran stock anything for about 5 months.

tituswife

Reaction score
Did not know there were apps to use instead of Gallery. Amazing to me that some of the stock apps function so poorly.

What is involved with rooting, pros, cons, etc?

tituswife

Reaction score
Forgot to ask, how do you include my post when you reply?

blazednova

Reaction score
Did not know there were apps to use instead of Gallery. Amazing to me that some of the stock apps function so poorly.

What is involved with rooting, pros, cons, etc?

pros to rooting; longer battery life, much faster, the ability to customize almost everything, currently im running bamf's complete port of sense 3.0 which is AWESOME!!

cons to rooting; the chance of bricking your phone permanently, rendering it as useful as, well, a brick. and rooting will void your warranty so if you run into a problem with the hardware and want to get a replacement you must unroot it, but if the situation ends up bricking it and you cant unroot your kinda out of luck and may have to pay full price for a replacement.

Forgot to ask, how do you include my post when you reply?

lol, see how the posts are shown in an individual rectangle? you are gonna want to look at the bottom right of the rectangle. there's a red box with "reply with quote"

tituswife

Reaction score
pros to rooting; longer battery life, much faster, the ability to customize almost everything, currently im running bamf's complete port of sense 3.0 which is AWESOME!!

cons to rooting; the chance of bricking your phone permanently, rendering it as useful as, well, a brick. and rooting will void your warranty so if you run into a problem with the hardware and want to get a replacement you must unroot it, but if the situation ends up bricking it and you cant unroot your kinda out of luck and may have to pay full price for a replacement.

lol, see how the posts are shown in an individual rectangle? you are gonna want to look at the bottom right of the rectangle. there's a red box with "reply with quote"

Now, I see! Except my box isn't red. How do I get a red box! :) Hey, where is the place where you get the little colored smileys?