Physical Keyboard - Shortcut Questions ... droid manual?

webby

Reaction score
Two specific questions about Physical Keyboard shortcuts. And a question about an alleged droid manual.

One feature I didn't like about the droid (but bought it because I liked so much else about it!) is that it doesn't have dedicated numbers keys. So when I have a bunch of numbers to enter, it's a pain to continually enter Alt before each number, so I usually revert to the virtual keyboard.

1) Is there any way to lock the physical keyboard into the "Alt" function to enter numbers, and then unlock it from the "Alt" function?

2) Is there any way to lock the keyboard into upper case, when you need to do a string of ALL CAPS? And then obviously be able to unlock it from ALL CAPS when finished?

3) Anyone have any other physical keyboard shortcuts that they have figured out?

4) I think I read somewhere that there is a downloadable manual for the droid. Can someone tell me where that is? Or provide a link? Thanks.

richie1378

Reaction score
Two specific questions about Physical Keyboard shortcuts. And a question about an alleged droid manual.

One feature I didn't like about the droid (but bought it because I liked so much else about it!) is that it doesn't have dedicated numbers keys. So when I have a bunch of numbers to enter, it's a pain to continually enter Alt before each number, so I usually revert to the virtual keyboard.

1) Is there any way to lock the physical keyboard into the "Alt" function to enter numbers, and then unlock it from the "Alt" function?

2) Is there any way to lock the keyboard into upper case, when you need to do a string of ALL CAPS? And then obviously be able to unlock it from ALL CAPS when finished?

3) Anyone have any other physical keyboard shortcuts that they have figured out?

4) I think I read somewhere that there is a downloadable manual for the droid. Can someone tell me where that is? Or provide a link? Thanks.

Not sure about your first 3 questions but here's the link to the manual: http://phandroid.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/droidguide.pdf

GolfProRM

Reaction score
Hitting the alt or shift key twice will turn on caps lock or alt lock. While in caps/alt lock, hitting the shift/alt key again will turn it off.

tbever

Reaction score
Cut and Paste

Hitting the alt or shift key twice will turn on caps lock or alt lock. While in caps/alt lock, hitting the shift/alt key again will turn it off.

Is there a way to do a keyboard cut and paste like with (gasp) windows ctrl-c and ctrl-v? (either with the physical or onscreen keyboard)?

Also are there left/right cursor movement keys to make finer edits when you screw up a word? The D pad is ok but it is fairly easy to hit the middle which registers an "enter" press. I find that using my finger to select text is pretty inaccurate and slow. I don't know why they didn't use the two blank keys on the droid keyboard for this, or whether this could be modified in software somehow?

Stigy

Reaction score
Yes sir, Menu+C and Menu+V will do a physical keyboard copy/paste. The Menu key is located to the left of the right Alt key.

Moving the cursor left and right can be accomplished by the D-Pad or by pressing with your finger. AFAIK those are the only ways to move the cursor through previous text.

fabsbsd

Reaction score
Whatsapp

Hi!

I have a Droid 3 and I can't disable caps lock for Whatsapp. All other apps are ok.

Any ideas?

Thanks!