Physical keyboard bug - how to reset its settings (hyphen working improperly)

s_a

Reaction score
My keyboard has been working beautifully, as expected. After the official update (and not necessarily due to the update -have no idea what the problem is, or what caused it), everytime I type an hyphen, the next letter gets sent back BEFORE the hyphen, mmaking fast typing a chore. It got fixed on its own (I did nothing to troubleshoot it), and the hyphen "bug" just came back. It might be user error to be sure, but if it is, I honestly want to find the right way to type hyphens without such characters sending my next letter back (it's annoying to press the forward arrow key every time that happens.)

I am almost sure nobody has this problem, as I seem all but unable to find this problem on the internet. Take care, and thanks in advance for any help you could provide!

OP
S

s_a

Reaction score
Update: it happens only when typing on the web browser, not elsewhere, it seems (for instance, I am going to type "off-topic", and read what happens: offtopic-; do you see the hyphen at the end? It auto sends you back, and it just plain shouldn't.) If I type that word on the web browser website address bar, it doesn't replicate the problem, and properly works. It might be a physical keyboard to web browser bug, or a setting that is on by default that I do not know about. Have been trying to find any settimgs on the phone regarding this problem, and there are no hints nor help.

symphonia

Reaction score
I would try using a different web browser to see if it happens on that as well (i.e. Dolphin, Opera).

OP
S

s_a

Reaction score
I would try using a different web browser to see if it happens on that as well (i.e. Dolphin, Opera).

I tried it with Dolphin HD, and thought the problem was solved, but after typing a reply in a forum, the problem remains. o_O I tried it on the e-mail app, and it doesn't happen there. It seems relegated to browser typing, and it probably is a hidden setting that I lack the knowledge to turn off (or how it got turned on in the first place.) All of this after the update, but cannot confirm it is an update-related problem.

Edit: it doesn't happen on this forum's reply editors, but yes on the normal reply system!

Last edited:

akhi216

Reaction score
My keyboard has been working beautifully, as expected. After the official update (and not necessarily due to the update -have no idea what the problem is, or what caused it), everytime I type an hyphen, the next letter gets sent back BEFORE the hyphen, mmaking fast typing a chore. It got fixed on its own (I did nothing to troubleshoot it), and the hyphen "bug" just came back. It might be user error to be sure, but if it is, I honestly want to find the right way to type hyphens without such characters sending my next letter back (it's annoying to press the forward arrow key every time that happens.)

I am almost sure nobody has this problem, as I seem all but unable to find this problem on the internet. Take care, and thanks in advance for any help you could provide!

I don't know why this doesn't get addressed more often. I've had this problem when typing in fields on forums with every Android phone I've touched since the G1 with D0uche Telekom's (T-Mobile's) über-crappy service.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
S

s_a

Reaction score
I don't know why this doesn't get addressed more often. I've had this problem when typing in fields on forums with every Android phone I've touched since the G1 with D0uche Telekom's (T-Mobile's) über-crappy service.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

So I take it you have the same problem? And it's an Android thing, not necessarily a Droid 3 KB problem? What bothers me is that if I remember correctly, the problem was "gone" recently. I am tempted to go to a Verizon store and see if it's a common bug to all Droid 3s and beyond (all physical KB Android phones.)

Just noticed this thread should be moved to Tech Support: I unwittingly posted this on the General Forums.

Last edited: