Photos

Droidgirl0202

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a couple of questions, hoping you guys can help me out. First, when I take photos they are being save on the phone and not the SD Card is there a way to change that? I downloaded the Astro App but I am having difficulty finding these photos that are on the phone's memory it just takes me to the SD Card I want to take these photos off my phone and put them on my PC. And in the future for camera shots and photos be saved on the SD Card. Thanks for any help you can give.

gszeman

Reaction score
They are on your sdcard. Look in /sdcard/DCIM/Camera/

To move them to your PC, connect the USB, mount the sdcard, drag and drop to your PC.

[EDIT] My apologies...failed to notice this is for the Incredible...not sure if it is the same as what I described...

Last edited:
OP
Droidgirl0202

Droidgirl0202

Reaction score
I followed your instructions and when I do the only 2 files I see are .thumbnails and 100Media. I am feeling like such a newb, this was pretty easy on my BB. The only point so far that I have been able to view or see my photos is hitting the photos application. [Edit] lol now I see why I didn't see what you see, different phones >< thanks for trying!

OP
Droidgirl0202

Droidgirl0202

Reaction score
Ok, I got it now, was a little messed up. You were right that it is DCIM/100MEDIA. I was looking in the SD directory and not the phones. But I believe they are being stored on the phone instead of the SD Card which I will continue to try and figure out. The phone has 8GB of memory and my current card only has 2GB so I am pretty positive when I am looking at these directories I am right in thinking it's on the phone because that's the directory I found them in. All right, 1 done 1 to go. :p

OhBeeWan

Reaction score
Incredible fotos; where are they?

Ok, I got it now, was a little messed up. You were right that it is DCIM/100MEDIA. I was looking in the SD directory and not the phones. But I believe they are being stored on the phone instead of the SD Card which I will continue to try and figure out. The phone has 8GB of memory and my current card only has 2GB so I am pretty positive when I am looking at these directories I am right in thinking it's on the phone because that's the directory I found them in. All right, 1 done 1 to go. :p

You'll find 'em here: /sdcard/Images dancedroid

jrv331

Reaction score
Pictures

Im having the problem where my pictures are being stored on the phone and sd card. I looked in the phones DCIM & 100Media folders. Both of those are empty.

I cant even copy and paste them with astro, so frustrating.

John

pculotta

Reaction score
Open your camera on your phone, press menu and choose the settings/tools icon. You'll see storage as a option and you can choose either phone or sd. Hope this helps. Pam