Photos not viewable

dThurman

Reaction score
Here's the situation: Photos taken by the camera/phone are stored on the memory card and are viewable via the phone or by taking the micro SD card out, plugging it into the PC and viewed on the PC. That's fine. BUT- photos transferred from the PC to the card, in the phone, are NOT viewable on the phone. They are viewable if the card is removed and used in the PC, so they must be on the card. What gives here? Any suggestions? David

gunz.jones

Reaction score
Are you on a rom? If the rom has stagefright may not allow the media to be scanned. Spare parts if included in your rom has a forced scan for media. Try just pictures from the market.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
D

dThurman

Reaction score
Way over my head with that answer. BUT: Here's what I did yesterday.
I formatted the 8GB card while in the phone/camera and took a few photos around the house. I could view all of them on the phone/camera. I took the card out, put it into an adapter and could view them on the PC. So far, fine. I then put the card back into the phone/camera and transferred some photos from the PC to the phone card while in the phone. NONE of the photos I transferred are viewable on the phone/camera, the one's that were already on the card are viewable. BUT-I took the card back out, put it back into the adapter and could view ALL photos on the PC. For some reason I cannot transfer photos from the PC to the card while in the phone and view the transferred photos with the phone/camera but can view them with the PC. ALL photos transferred from the phone/camera to the PC are viewable on the PC though. I tried transferring photos directly to the card via the adapter in the USB port and those photos are NOT viewable in the phone/camera, but are via the PC. Frustrated now.

gunz.jones

Reaction score
Download just pictures off the market. It will scan locally for all image files in compatible formaat better than the stock app. Could save you some trouble.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

pool_shark

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds like you are looking for the pics transferred from the PC to show up in the camera roll. Is that correct?

If you open the camera and view it's gallery it will only show you files that it finds in DCIM/camera on your SD card.

If you use the files app on the D2 to navigate to the location where you put the files from the PC, you should see them.

You can also open the gallery app on the D2 which will show you all pictures on the device.