Photo transfer

Livewire

Reaction score
Hi...i know how to hook up my droid to the computer via the usb port....my question is...does anyone know of a program to downsize the photos from computer to droid so that the pics don't take up so much memory?

destrekor

Reaction score
Hi...i know how to hook up my droid to the computer via the usb port....my question is...does anyone know of a program to downsize the photos from computer to droid so that the pics don't take up so much memory?

Downsize?

Are you trying to pull the photos from the phone and put them on your computer?
The term for that is download. :)

To do that, when you hook up the phone to the computer, drag down the notification bar and tap the USB notification to enable the "Mount SD Card" option. Then your computer will treat the phone like a Flash Drive and you'll have access to the photos and other things on the SD card.
When browsing the SD Card, go into the folder DCIM and your photos will be there. After you do that, unplug it and delete the photos while viewing them on the phone itself to make sure all the photo data is erased.

But don't worry about memory - the Droid has a 16gb MicroSD card bundled, will take a LOT of photos to fill that up, and normal users will never approach filling that card for a long time even with quite a few apps downloaded and using the card.

Boris Badenov

Reaction score

Downsize?

Are you trying to pull the photos from the phone and put them on your computer?
The term for that is download. :)

To do that, when you hook up the phone to the computer, drag down the notification bar and tap the USB notification to enable the "Mount SD Card" option. Then your computer will treat the phone like a Flash Drive and you'll have access to the photos and other things on the SD card.
When browsing the SD Card, go into the folder DCIM and your photos will be there. After you do that, unplug it and delete the photos while viewing them on the phone itself to make sure all the photo data is erased.

But don't worry about memory - the Droid has a 16gb MicroSD card bundled, will take a LOT of photos to fill that up, and normal users will never approach filling that card for a long time even with quite a few apps downloaded and using the card.

Just read the post…
The objective here is to load photos from the computer to Droid and reduce the size and resolution in order not to waist space.
I use Adobe Lightroom for that. :)

metalmenance

Reaction score
Actually you do want to resize them due to if too many large photos the gallery will seem slower to load, I resize to 1024x768 standard or about that and have over 500 pics in mine and it loads gallery very fast
I use resize for vista/7
it is free from microsoft and very easy
rught click on photo and resize pic size i want and done

OP
Livewire

Livewire

Reaction score
that is right..... do you have to resize every photo? or does it do folders???

metalmenance

Reaction score
that is right..... do you have to resize every photo? or does it do folders???

ts real simple to do a whole folder just open it then hold ctrl and hit a
that will select all in folder then right click on any highlighted photo and resize
Done......