PhoneMyPC Question: Trying to watch a movie on my Droid!

bigtmonee

Reaction score
Hi, I just bought phonemypc and it seems awesome! I was hoping to find a loophole in the system so to speak by watching any movie on my phone by just opening it on my home pc. When I tried this, it played on my computer just fine, but the screen was just black on my phone. Is there a code or something I can download to fix that? I am using VLC on my computer.

Thanks a lot!!

Last edited:
OP
B

bigtmonee

Reaction score
Anyone know? Or atleast know where i could look for help with this?

Reaction score
Hi bigtmonee,

Sorry we didn't notice this earlier.

Here's why that happens: most video players will take advantage of hardware decoding in your video card. When they do, the video card displays the video image directly and Windows never sees or has access to the pixels. That means PhoneMyPC doesn't either.

Try to take a screen snapshot of your movie player window and you'll get the same behavior.

A work-around is to configure your video player by turning off all hardware acceleration. With CPUs what they are these days, you'll not notice any performance difference, but Windows will have access to the movie player's image data.

SoftwareForMe.com
Makers of PhoneMyPC
& Imagine Multi-touch

OP
B

bigtmonee

Reaction score
Hi bigtmonee,

Sorry we didn't notice this earlier.

Here's why that happens: most video players will take advantage of hardware decoding in your video card. When they do, the video card displays the video image directly and Windows never sees or has access to the pixels. That means PhoneMyPC doesn't either.

Try to take a screen snapshot of your movie player window and you'll get the same behavior.

A work-around is to configure your video player by turning off all hardware acceleration. With CPUs what they are these days, you'll not notice any performance difference, but Windows will have access to the movie player's image data.

SoftwareForMe.com
Makers of PhoneMyPC
& Imagine Multi-touch

Straight from the man himself! Thanks a lot!

PS I just bought IMT as well and left a post in the coinciding thread in app announcements. Take a look, had a question about that too!

Last edited: