phone won't turn back on

nisquallygirl

Reaction score
If I have to turn the power off on my phone, the only way I can get it come back on is to connect it to the charger. Why?

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Areyou holding down the power button long enough on top? And is the battery fully charged?

OP
N

nisquallygirl

Reaction score
Yes to both. The first thing I considered was that I wasn't holding it down long enough. I rarely let my phone go below about 60% charge. I honestly think the button may just be defective but checking options first.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Did you take the battery out and then restart it? Sounds like more of a battery prob then a phone prob.

OP
N

nisquallygirl

Reaction score
Yes, read troubleshooting suggestions prior to post so did that about half an hour ago.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I dont know then, sorry, but are folks here alot more experienced then myself, perhaps one of them can help you further.. :)

OP
N

nisquallygirl

Reaction score
Most similar posts have to do with the phone itself shutting down randomly and not being able to turn it back on. That is not what is happening here. I was manually shutting it off when I went into intensive care. When I pulled the battery and re-booted (to see if it would resolve some of the other issues the phone has been having) was the first time it had been completely shut down in awhile. I still had to run and plug it in to start it back up.