Droid Maxx will turn off on its own and will not turn back on

mattmiley88

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Maxx
Recently my Droid Maxx started shutting off on its own, but it was easy to turn back on and getting running properly again. Today it shut off and would turn back on once and a while and is now just flashing the motorola sign when it is plugged into the charger and will not turn on all the way. It said it was at about 80% when it first died so I left it off and let it charge to see if it was just a falsely read the charge, but now it still won't turn on at all. Any ideas?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Recently my Droid Maxx started shutting off on its own, but it was easy to turn back on and getting running properly again. Today it shut off and would turn back on once and a while and is now just flashing the motorola sign when it is plugged into the charger and will not turn on all the way. It said it was at about 80% when it first died so I left it off and let it charge to see if it was just a falsely read the charge, but now it still won't turn on at all. Any ideas?
Yeah, sounds like a battery meter that's out of sync with the battery's actual remaining capacity and charge level. Try charging it to 100% while it's still "off". Then turn it on and use it took it gets to the low battery alert. Then power it off again and charge to 100%. After that it should act normally.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
^^^ what he said.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk