Phone won't stop vibrating?

Silver700

Reaction score
So, I had got a Motorola XT615 a year ago and I have always experienced problems with it, but today, I've found the most annoying and weirdest one. I was on the bus and my friend grabbed my phone out of my hands and I grabbed it back. Then, a minute later it started vibrating, non stop. I found pushing down on the top left corner would stop it but if I released it, it would start again. I tryed taking the battery out and letting it sit out for awhile but it still does it. It even vibrates while its off! I have to take the battery out to stop it. Can anyone help?

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Welcome to the Forum.

Sounds like a hardware issue and not sure what will stop it. You can try a factory reset and hope it is an app or OS issue.

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
1.Moto-G, Droid-X, 3.Droid 2
Twitter
@AECRADIO
So, I had got a Motorola XT615 a year ago and I have always experienced problems with it, but today, I've found the most annoying and weirdest one. I was on the bus and my friend grabbed my phone out of my hands and I grabbed it back. Then, a minute later it started vibrating, non stop. I found pushing down on the top left corner would stop it but if I released it, it would start again. I tryed taking the battery out and letting it sit out for awhile but it still does it. It even vibrates while its off! I have to take the battery out to stop it. Can anyone help?

From what you describe, the pressure required to stop the motor from running, might be a connection issue internally, the connector may have become dislodged, and shorted a Vcc pin which caused the motor to run continuously.
Phones like the D2 are attached to a singe flex running along the outer right edge, which also is the controls flex as well. The DX is far different. If my memory doesn't fail me, the vibrate motor is seated in the back cover, and spring fingers make contact with the board. One of those contact fingers may have become bent and now making contact with a trace that is powered constantly.
I do not wish to open mine up to check on this though.