Phone wont boot into recovery mode with bootstrap.

luke55

Reaction score
Hey when i try to boot into recovery with bootstrap it will just reset the phone normally..any suggestions..im lost

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

HavoC

Reaction score
try uninstalling and reinstalling bootstrap.apk, make sure you are rooted, and make sure you have the latest version of bionic bootstrap.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

bonomonster

Reaction score
I rooted my bionic a few months back with 5.9.902. Unfortunately I cant remember what method I used. I know, I'm an idiot. I tried flashing some roms and it seems that I can't. Both Bootstrap and Clockwork Recovery just reboot me into the same rom and not the recovery screen. When i try to go to the recovery screen manually I wind up on what seems to be a simplified version.

eye_dea

Reaction score
bonomonster said:
I rooted my bionic a few months back with 5.9.902. Unfortunately I cant remember what method I used. I know, I'm an idiot. I tried flashing some roms and it seems that I can't. Both Bootstrap and Clockwork Recovery just reboot me into the same rom and not the recovery screen. When i try to go to the recovery screen manually I wind up on what seems to be a simplified version.

Exactly how are you trying to to flash the rom? Step by step process.

bonomonster

Reaction score
I tried a few ways:

1) I tried to use Clockwork Mod, went into "Install rom from sd card", scrolled down to download folder, selected rom. After doing that in Clockwork a window pops up giving you options before installing new rom. I checked "backup existing rom", "clear dalvic", and "wipe data and cache". The phone resets and goes eight back to where i was.

2) Using Bootstrap the phone just resets back to where it was instead of going into the recovery screen. I tried reinstalling and even purchased the paid version but nothing made a difference.

3) I manually held the both volume keys while booting up the phone to get into recovery. The screen it brings is kinda different than I'm used to though. The only options are: "reboot system", "reboot from sd card", "wipe cache", "wipe all user data". When i go into reboot from sd card it shows all the folders on my sd card but no files. It will even let me go into each folder and their sub folders but still wont show files.

I had read somewhere that when verizon rolled out 5.9.902 it disabled root. I still show the superuser app and everything in it has permissions but it seems like all of my programs that need root don't work.

gsDroid

Reaction score
If your programs requiring root do not show that superuser permissions are applied, you no longer have root. If you google 'bionic motofail root' it will point you to the motofail process that will root you again. Then you can acquire bootstrap recovery and boot into bootstrap recovery. The motofail process for getting root is easy and quick. I have used it successfully twice, both on .902 and on .904.