Phone will not connect to PC

REMilk

Reaction score
If no icons display but the phone charges, you have one of the following conditions:

1. Defective cable
2. Cable that is not compatible with your device

I suggest that you locate the exact Motorola cable that came with your phone or go to a Verizon store and buy a new cable and test it in the store.

Bob

LINGHUNT

Reaction score
Had same Problem, got new cable out of Box and It worked like a champ....

Wulfie89

Reaction score
Same issue different phone

I'm having the same problem except I have a Gem, not an actual droid. I just got this phone less then a week ago and I'm using the cable that came with it. It was connecting fine before so I was able to sync pictures, music, whatever, but now it's only charging when I plug it into my computer.

joepadz

Reaction score
Went to my Verizon store with my Droid RAZR, PC & cable - no phones could be recognized - no one there thought to try a Moto supplied cable. No blame - we all goofed.
I finally dug out the cable that came with my Droid RAZR & I finally have connectivity.
I thought that the USB, Micro USB, etc. were a standard & interchangable.
Someone please educate me on this. At least I'm finally connected.

sortosane

Reaction score
Couldn't find anything from searches, so I'm sorry if this is a dup.

I'm having similiar problem, but my phone charges when the cable that came with it is plugged into the wall charger. When i connect to my PC nothing happens at all; no charge, no usb, literally nothing. tried 3 different computers and all the usb ports. Tried turning usb debugging mode off, tried other cables. No connection at all. Phone is almost 1 year old.

Droid x2
Eclipse v2.2.1

Any ideas?

Kykyy91

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. I just went to plug my phone into my computer and all it did was charge. No "charge only" option in my settings, no usb debugging questions, no icon in the status bar..nothing.

phydx2

Reaction score
I've got the same problem... since the last Android update. Stock Droid 3 connecting to a Win 7 laptop. Worked fine... hasn't worked on any machine I've tried plugging into since. I have used a variety of cables, including a couple with Motorola tags on them and one that has tags that say ECOMOTO and "VCAST media manager Transfer photos video and text".
I'm having the same problem. I just went to plug my phone into my computer and all it did was charge. No "charge only" option in my settings, no usb debugging questions, no icon in the status bar..nothing.

osphoto

Reaction score
instead of starting a new thread please allow me to piggy back here. I am using the cable that came with my Incredible, as Verizon said it was the same. When I connect it to my laptop, I get the options but when I select the charge option it does not charge and it is not recognized as amass storage device. From reading here it doesn't sound like a model specific cord will help.

Thanks.

D1ck3y

Reaction score
osphoto said:
instead of starting a new thread please allow me to piggy back here. I am using the cable that came with my Incredible, as Verizon said it was the same. When I connect it to my laptop, I get the options but when I select the charge option it does not charge and it is not recognized as amass storage device. From reading here it doesn't sound like a model specific cord will help.

Thanks.

From personal experience Lg cable will only charge you phone. Some Samsung cables will charge and also connect to pc. If you need to root or anything else only moto cables will work.... stupid flaw, but makes sense.

tkdunn

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem except I'm using the original cable that came with the phone. I have a second droid 3 and it is recognized on the same computer using the same cable in the same usb port. Called verizon and they're replacing the phone. It is a known issue.