Phone Shutting down when Idle? Change ROM?

KingTygerVII

Reaction score
My phone seems to shut down if connected to WIFI and its idle, I dont know why, I think its a APP, but what app can do such a thing? I am thinking of oFactory reset my phone and download all my apps again, but only 5 a day to see if any of those 5 cause the problem, but before I go through all that trouble, I would like to know if could be another thing on my Phone? Also, so I dont make another thread, I Would like to know how to change Rom, i've seen the tutorial, but sadly, they dont help me. Below is a small list of what my phone is and has.

• Samsung Galaxy PRO(B750L)
  • 2.2.2 (Froyo)
  • Rooted
  • Apps like, Droidwall(keep unwanted apps from connecting to internet) ZDbox, Smartrot(default rotate apps direction), Ad Free, Titanium Back up etc.

Dont know what is causing the Idle to shutdown, since it only happens on WIFI, if I aint connected to WIFI, it never shutsdown while IDLE, it's getting annoying.
About Changing Rom, I have ROM manager, but when it says BACKUP, I dont see my phone displayed, is it one of those renamed? Please help. Thought I am more worried about the IDLE problem, so please help with that first, thanks.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Moved your thread to the Tech Problems section, the place it was does not get a lot of traffic at all.

And I am not familiar with your device but I will try and get the ball rolling. By shutting down do you mean the phone powers all the way off? Or do you mean the wifi shuts off?

OP
K

KingTygerVII

Reaction score
thank you, and I dont know exactly, all I know, when its on WIFI, and I hit the button to wake it up(turns on screen to see the time and if i got any missed called or text), it doesnt wake up, i have to hold down the power button for a few seconds, sometimes even take out the battery, I factory format the device, changed SD card(thinking it might be a virus or bug in it)... dont know what else, I am thinking of unrooting then re-rooting it. but last time it took me 5 tries...

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Definitely is strange and not something I have experience with, so I am not sure how much help I could be here. And just rooting should not cause anything to happen. After rooting did you change or mod anything?

OP
K

KingTygerVII

Reaction score
i tried the clock thing to make battery last, but didnt see diofference so i put it back to default...

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Do you mean over clocking? Did tiu do that before or after the reset?

"Don't Panic!"
Tapatalk 2_GNEX

OP
K

KingTygerVII

Reaction score
I did it after i rooted it a few weeks ago, i factory reset it today again, since i use Link2SD and sadly, the I changed the SD card and all the apps didnt show up for deletion, so i changed the SD card, and relinked everything, but it still happens only in WiFI, in WIFI, it takes like 10 to 30 minutes to go dead, while not having WIFI on, the phone never goes dead.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Yeah I honestly don't know what to suggest. I am thinking it could be one of the apps you relinked, if anything I would reset again and try using it without doing that. Then try to figure out which app is the issue like you mentioned.

You don't by chance have any task killers or anything like that installed do you?

OP
K

KingTygerVII

Reaction score
No i dont, i stopped using it when i notice it was useless, they always start out again, and I did, and all the apps I have are official, the games I didnt install, just FB messenger, IMDB, EBAY, PAYPAL, youtube, gmail, and other officials, so i dont think they can be the cause of it.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Oh, OK. Just figured since you had mentioned it in your OP here that it must have been a concern for you.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Gotcha, not sure what else to suggest unfortunately :(

OP
K

KingTygerVII

Reaction score
its ok, least you tried!, I will just do the annoying process of activating the wifi for short time, and never let it black out while on it.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Let me know if anything changes. I would be interested to know what was causing it.

djstinso

Reaction score
Sorry, I just fell into this thread, I am curious of the temperature of the phone while wifi is on? With saying that are you running any type of case or phone cover also?
It is rare but there are instances where the wifi chipset in the phone is faulty and runs extremely hot. At this point I would say you like you may be the unlucky lottery winners of such a device. However when there is the extreme heat it will go into a shut down mode to save from hardware damage. OR I would have to familarize myself a bit to the sop of the froyo 2.2.2 agian but certain coding would not allow a phone to remain in a wifi state when the phone goes idle.. thus overridding it and forcing the shut down. This has been a problem with other devices as well
dj Stinso