Phone sending alerst continuosly but not getting any new notifications

smitty1971

Reaction score
My Motorola Razr had a system update done last week which changed the appearance of my phone display and other parts of the phone. I'm fine with that but now it keeps sending me alerts over and over again but I am not getting any text messages, emails or any other notifications. What is it alerting me to?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
You mean its constantly playing your notification sound?? There's no notification at the top of the screen??

Have you tried to press and hold volume down and power until the phone shuts off?? It will probably take a screen shot, but just keep holding it down...

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
And welcome to the droid forums..

OP
S

smitty1971

Reaction score
phone alert keeps going

Yeah, the alert starts going off maybe 6 or seven times then stops. When I check sometimes there is a notification and sometimes there isn't. I've tried turning the phone off and on again but once it turns back on the phone starts alerting again. It doesn't happen all the time but enough for me to have to keep it on silent which defeats the purpose of having alerts. This all started with that new update they just did.

cobbcj7

Reaction score
Mine is doing it and doesnt stop.. i have to stay in silent/vibrate all the time
Is that killing my battery?

aceplanet

Reaction score
by any chance did anyone manage to fix this problem? this problem started for me about a week ago and i cant seem to figure it out. any help would be appreciated, thank you :)