Phone screen won't respond while in car holder...

paulm235

Reaction score
I have a simple Arkon phone holder for my X. When I place the phone in it, squeeze the pads against it to hold it in place the screen stops responding (I have a Otterbox Defender and that's why I don't use my Motorola dock). I can remove the phone from the mount and hold it in the same position as it was in the holder and it responds fine, put it back in the holder and it won't repond to my touch. Any ideas?

Thanks

scf

Reaction score
Probably squeezing one of the side buttons (volume rocker, camera).

OP
P

paulm235

Reaction score
Checkd that already, everything is clear.

scf

Reaction score
Sorry, I'm at a loss. Strange. Anything magnetic nearby?

OP
P

paulm235

Reaction score
Nothing I can really think of. If I take off the otterbox and put it in the motorola dock it works fine. It only loses responsiveness when it's in the Arkon holder.

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
P

paulm235

Reaction score
Update: After messing around with this some more I realized that I had a screen protector on the screen itself in addition to the one that is built into the Defender. I had forgotten that it was put on by an employee at the Verizon store when I purchased the phone. I took that one off and the screen responds now. I do still have an issue with the unlock though. When I sweep across the screen to unlock it I see the graphic make a half attempt but never make all the way across the screen in order to unlock. It also does this when the phone is laying flat on it's back. It's annoying as hell.

Has anyone else seen this? New thread maybe?