Phone screen shattered!

Allstarj765

Reaction score
Ok, so yesterday I dropped my phone onto the ground and the screen litterally cracked, like really bad! What should I do? And can I get this fixed for free?
Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
You can purchase the screen (digitizer) on eBay for a reasonable price. Then search YouTube for Droid 3 screen replacement. It is fairly straight forward and easy. I would recommend a large flat bowl of some type to keep the screws handy. I've replaced two screens on different phones with no problems. Good luck!

This post is Incredible 2!

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok, so yesterday I dropped my phone onto the ground and the screen litterally cracked, like really bad! What should I do? And can I get this fixed for free?
Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

The screens are made of glass and even though they call it "Gorilla Glass" , it is still glass.

You can not get it fixed for free.

I assume you do not have insurance? If that is the case, then I agree with DFf that you should consider getting the digitizer replaced. If you are handy with tools at almost any level, you can do the job yourself. If not, check with one of the cell phone repair shops in your area.

Good luck.