Phone/Screen freezing after completing a call

jorayr97

Reaction score
Over the last couple of months I have noticed after completing a call, the screen freezes, the back button will not do anything, and the home button does not respond. I have taken the recent security updates and I updated to 6.0.1.

I have not performed an FDR simply for the fact I use my phone for 90% work related activities and 10% personal and don't want to go thru the set up process again. Not saying I won't, just don't want to at this point even though I realize it very well could solve my problem.

I have uninstalled any app I installed over the last couple of months and initially thought my problem was solved. However, today I experienced the same issue after completing a call. This issue lasts for approximately 10-20 seconds and is more irritating than anything but brings the concern if there were an emergency requiring an immediate follow up call and not being able to do so.

No damage, never dropped, never wet. I apologize for dragging on but wanted to get all the specifics out in the open.

Has anyone else experienced this issue or anything like it?

TIA!

cd68b1c816216fa3a3fcbefa6ad876c6.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Have you tried clearing the cache of the phone app? Or do you have any apps that can clear the cache and possibly the system cache?

As much a pain it might be, considering marshmallow was a major update for the note 5 it would be best. However, I'm also not certain it would fix your issue.

OP
jorayr97

jorayr97

Reaction score
How do I clear the cache? I don't see the phone in my applications like other apps.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
How do I clear the cache? I don't see the phone in my applications like other apps.

You should. Are you under downloaded apps?

42c2eade86f91e3757a8dc6475099138.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can try a partition cache wipe as well.
Power the phone off. When you power it back on hold the volume up, home button and power button at the same time until it begins to power up. It'll act like it's installing a new firmware for a little bit then go to a different screen after saying nothing new to install. At that point you use your volume up/down to toggle to different choices. Use the volume down button to toggle down to wipe cache partition. Tap your power button to confirm. It'll scroll some info at the bottom . At that point choose the power button to confirm reboot device, which should be your top choice. It will reboot as normal. This is not a factory reset and will not cause any data loss, just clears a cache not clearable under normal circumstances and will often alleviate lags, freezes and battery drains. I do it about once a month on my devices to help with lags and stutters .
Hope that helps.
Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

OP
jorayr97

jorayr97

Reaction score
You can try a partition cache wipe as well.
Power the phone off. When you power it back on hold the volume up, home button and power button at the same time until it begins to power up. It'll act like it's installing a new firmware for a little bit then go to a different screen after saying nothing new to install. At that point you use your volume up/down to toggle to different choices. Use the volume down button to toggle down to wipe cache partition. Tap your power button to confirm. It'll scroll some info at the bottom . At that point choose the power button to confirm reboot device, which should be your top choice. It will reboot as normal. This is not a factory reset and will not cause any data loss, just clears a cache not clearable under normal circumstances and will often alleviate lags, freezes and battery drains. I do it about once a month on my devices to help with lags and stutters .
Hope that helps.
Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><
I'll give this a try and report back.

OP
jorayr97

jorayr97

Reaction score
Cache wiped successfully and initial results indicate problem is solved.

Thanks for everyone's help.