Phone Rooted! What apps......?

warped1987

Reaction score
Newbie here, just rooted my phone, used z4, now.....I only really rooted it to get a good Screenshot app working and to remove those unwanted apps that came with the phone that I NEVER use, so who has some recommendations?

ShootMe and PicMe are confusing as hell. I took a screenshot with ShootMe, found it in my files, but can't figure out what to do with it from there. I can't even find it on my computer with my cell plugged in.

Any other things I might like now that I'm rooted? Feel free to suggest them to me :D

P.S. I need FREE apps, cuz I'm poor, lol

Last edited:

Savagehearts

Reaction score
I used one called "screen shot it" didn't even need phone rooted. It created an album and saved them just like when u take a regular pic

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Savagehearts

Reaction score
20110315233945.png

OP
W

warped1987

Reaction score
that app appears to be $3.99 in the Market, I probably should have mentioned I need free apps only cuz I'm poor, lol

Savagehearts

Reaction score
There should be a trial lol. I'm a student with 4 year old twins so I understand poor lol

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
my favorite screenshot app is drocap 2

it's free and really easy to use once you get it set up. it has options for a timed trigger or a trigger that sits in the status bar.

Savagehearts

Reaction score
Lol sorry. I don't really use it, so i didn't realize it was so few

Savagehearts

Reaction score
What phone do you have?, I'm seriously considering rooting, but nervous. Once you root is your phone the same, just with more access/privileges? Or like does it strip the phone bare and you have to dl stuff to make it work. (ya I know, get your newbie lols out)

OP
W

warped1987

Reaction score
but theres a giant cross hair on the screen shots I can't get rid of, and that other one you use, theres a bar that says your pic will be taken in 5 seconds, that came out in the screen shot, lol. I have no luck at this stuff

OP
W

warped1987

Reaction score
What phone do you have?, I'm seriously considering rooting, but nervous. Once you root is your phone the same, just with more access/privileges? Or like does it strip the phone bare and you have to dl stuff to make it work. (ya I know, get your newbie lols out)

I used z4 root, it didn't change anything. I have a Droid 2 Global. It just allows you to have more privileges on your phone like installing certain apps you couldn't before, changing things on your phone like you couldn't before. Gives you a lot more access to your phone I guess.

z4 root was so easy too, just installed it on my phone, opened it up, and clicked 1 button and I was done.

jonalex

Reaction score
That sounds so damn tempting. I'm in south Africa, and I doubt we're getting upgraded past 2.1 which is what I'm running now. I'd love to root it so I can upgrade to 2.3 or get one of those awesome roms I keep hearing about. But I hear rooting can brick your phone? If I try root this brand new damn expensive phone, I'm screwed. Advice?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using DroidForums App