phone ringtone/ringer settings 2.2

sportadic22

Reaction score
correct me if i am wrong but i swear before the last few roms and updates that when i pushed my volume button down it went down thru sounds...then vibrate setting..then ALL sounds off even vibrate.
why cant i get this now...

now it justs goes sounds... then the last one..(vibrate or all sound off depending on what you set it to in the settings)

i want:

sound
sound lower
sound lower
etc etc
vibrate
no sound/vibrate

AutoCANE

Reaction score
I was wondering about this too, I figured I was just missing something. I'll be interested to hear if there is a solution...

OP
sportadic22

sportadic22

Reaction score
is this going to be fixed in next release? or added again.. lol

dodgerslim

Reaction score
I think it's been that way since 2.2 "came out." I know it's been sound -> vibrate with no "sound off" option for awhile.

Viper323

Reaction score
so any future changes?

It's just the way froyo is. Under settings>sounds>vibrate you can set it to "only when not in silent mode" which will enable silent mode again, but disables the "vibrate only" option

devinhfox

Reaction score
correct me if i am wrong but i swear before the last few roms and updates that when i pushed my volume button down it went down thru sounds...then vibrate setting..then ALL sounds off even vibrate.
why cant i get this now...

now it justs goes sounds... then the last one..(vibrate or all sound off depending on what you set it to in the settings)

i want:

sound
sound lower
sound lower
etc etc
vibrate
no sound/vibrate

I've seen a few threads about this, some people swear this new froyo way is the 'correct' way, others (me included) prefer the old way to silence the phone.
But hey, how many times have they changed the order of the soft buttons at the bottom of the screen on new android phones? It's too bad because the 'back' key being at the left seems so intuitive.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

aarontliu

Reaction score
I agree. It's not just something that was useful. Sometimes, I really do need to turn sound all the way off while the phone is still on. Like in class.