No silent mode after update?

nobodyukno

Reaction score
Ok I may be completely wrong, but i cant adjust the volume on my phone any lower then vibrate mode after the update to 2.2. Is there a new way to put your phone into silent mode that im missing? The Sound on Sound off new swipe thing doesnt work either. If i swipe it to sound off, my phone just goes into vibrate mode.

joef78

Reaction score
Not sure why they did this but if you go to Settings>Sound and toggle the check box for Silet mode, your phone will be on silent.

OP
N

nobodyukno

Reaction score
Not sure why they did this but if you go to Settings>Sound and toggle the check box for Silet mode, your phone will be on silent.

Its dumb. Silent mode was checked but mine was set to always vibrate. The settings are dumb, because then you can only set it to vibrate when the sound is on. Why cant there be, sound, vibrate, and silent?

samredman

Reaction score
Well, it's obvious why they made this excellent change and I have benefited from it now several times. The old design allowed users to go silent from just "pocket" movements (and sometimes from thinking you were putting the volume up when you were actually turning it off, because it seems to function backwards to normal volume directions).

I missed many calls which I only got because of a downloaded "Missed call" app which will send an immediate text message after a missed call, which would vibrate. That was a work-around, but I still missed the incoming call (which sometimes means a lost opportunity not corrected even by a quick call-back).

Now... I am simply not missing calls live, because it vibrates in my pocket. A very good improvement.

06roush

Reaction score
The easiest fix i have found is using a silent widget that came with the beautiful widgets app..

fuzzym

Reaction score
Yeah I have a program called Mute on my homescreen that does this for me with one click, seems a bit silly that you can't do it with the rocker anymore though.

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
Quick Settings also does this.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk