Phone resets at random times after the update

arondroid

Reaction score
I've had a Droid X since March of this year. I got one replacement a few months ago and until about 2 weeks ago I had no issues with my second phone. Recently, I was prompted for a system update, I think to update to System 4.5.605 but I am not 100% sure. While it was updating I noticed an error message about not enough disk space, but it still seemed to update. Randomly the phone started to reset, like once or twice a day, that I noticed atleast I took it back to Verizon and they issued me a new phone and I had the same issue, so again I got another phone and I have the same issue.

Apps I have installed:
CardioTrainer
Facebook
UltraChron Light (Stop watch program)
Words with Friends

(on an earlier phone I also had Snowboard, Healthy Recipes and Weather Channel installed)

I am a pretty basic phone user, I send a few txts a day, a few calls, go on Facebook, take some pictures, listen to music and use CardioTrainer for runs...you get the idea.

The phone resets at random times, sometimes when I am listening to music and other times I will look at the phone and notice the start up animation. Any suggestions? It doesn't seem trying a 4th phone would help.

Thanks

FoFa

Reaction score
Mine does that, but usually I see some app freeze first so there is usually one or two apps that seem to cause mine to do this

OP
A

arondroid

Reaction score
Thanks...The memory manager didn't seem to help, so I cleared the partition and I will see if it works.

rwdfan

Reaction score
reboot your phone into recovery and clear the cache partition, that should fix your restart issues. if not, reboot into recovery again and factory reset the phone.

How To: Boot the Droid X into Recovery Mode

I am having some problems since the latest update, so I decided it's time to do a factory reset. I followed the link leftspin gave, and I could not get into recovery mode. My X is totally stock. I get to the exclamation point just fine. When I press the search button, nothing happens.

Any suggestions? FYI, my X is totally stock.

rwdfan

Reaction score
I am having some problems since the latest update, so I decided it's time to do a factory reset. I followed the link leftspin gave, and I could not get into recovery mode. My X is totally stock. I get to the exclamation point just fine. When I press the search button, nothing happens.

Any suggestions? FYI, my X is totally stock.

I just got off the phone with VZW, and they said that this update can sometimes prevent the phone from getting into recovery. I did the factory reset from the privacy menu in the main settings. FYI, in case somebody encounters this too...

OP
A

arondroid

Reaction score
I called Verizon (as opposed to go to the local store) and they say they are going to send me an X2...Hopefully that does it.

phat6

Reaction score
been having this happen to both my wifes x and mine. Gonna call up verizon tonight to see what they will do for ours. It happens all the time now i could be on the phone or using an app to doing nothing at all