Phone randomly turning off, not turning on

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
No not very accommodating. That's too bad.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
If you have the insurance they will replace the phone for you in one-two business days. Problem solved.

OP
V

vett96mik

Reaction score
But I still have to pay the deductible, I'd rather try to find a way to fix itm

Danvee

Reaction score
Shouldn't be a deductible... This should be a warranty situation, and it should still be covered. IIRC, the Verizon S4 was released in May, 2013... May want to contact Verizon or Samsung directly while there's still time...

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Have you tried contacting Samsung? This seems like an issue that they would resolve even if you are outside of your warranty window. Considering 4.4 was a major update and now these problems are happening, I would imagine they'd send you a replacement unit.

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Have you downloaded any other apps relating to the use of the phone? If so, there could be conflict. I've seen dozens of these kinds of conflicts with many graphics apps interfering somehow with normal camera applications. Just a thought.

OP
V

vett96mik

Reaction score
Alright I got my warranty replacement today and it works fine. However, the phone is trying to force me to update to KitKat. I don't know what to do, should I update to it again and possibly subject my phone to the same issues?

bbtkd

Reaction score
Alright I got my warranty replacement today and it works fine. However, the phone is trying to force me to update to KitKat. I don't know what to do, should I update to it again and possibly subject my phone to the same issues?

Well - two possibilities; you had a bad phone, so upgrading the newish phone to KitKat should be fine just as it was for the millions of us who upgraded with no problems - or - you upgrade and have the same problem, which should prove that it is an app issue.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I agree and also recommend the upgrade.

OP
V

vett96mik

Reaction score
So I updated. So far I noticed that I'm still experiencing a decrease in reception. In the previous version I could send texts without a problem from my basement, but now they just won't send so I have to restart the phone to get them to send. Suggestions?

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
So I updated. So far I noticed that I'm still experiencing a decrease in reception. In the previous version I could send texts without a problem from my basement, but now they just won't send so I have to restart the phone to get them to send. Suggestions?

I recommend you repair the phone using the computer. Reflash to stock KitKat then factory reset twice in the os. Then configure. If you need help...message me! ;)

eek88dj

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
No I wouldn't I been having issues with mine with the kit kat don't update it. My issues was no sim card kept coming up S4 wouldn't work the tech said don't install the kit kat right know due to battery issues also no sim card issues. I got my replacement under warranty not by insurance Verizon will screw u over. It a software problem. AT&T knows all about it the issues. U can leave the update alone u don't have to install it....