"phone" problem

jcwilliams

Reaction score
i dont know if im in the right spot or not but here it goes...

i have an issue with when i go into the app drawer and click on "phone" no matter what rom i am on it takes me to favorites tab or call log tab besides the dial pad. ive wiped and wiped and restored and restored and cleared cach under dialer in manage apps and nothing will work. i can prolly live with it but i want to find a fix for this bc its annoying. any help would be appreciatd.
thanks

guest00459

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity what rom are you on? I know you said you reflashed and all but when I was on the jrummy rom I had issues with my dialer.

B

OP
jcwilliams

jcwilliams

Reaction score
right now as of last night i wiped and installed pe5.0.2 stock no theme.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Hmm, I'm on Cyanogenmod 6.2 and don't have that problem. Do you have the same problem when you use the phone icon in your launcher bar? Or do you use that?

OP
jcwilliams

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Hmm, I'm on Cyanogenmod 6.2 and don't have that problem. Do you have the same problem when you use the phone icon in your launcher bar? Or do you use that?

Well since I wiped lp was not setup so yes the phone icon on dock bar went to dial pad but as soon as I long press on it and change shortcut to application phone it messes up and takes me to favorites. Think it could be a lp issue??
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
I don't know if it's a LP issue or what. I know that when I was trying out PE5.0.2 I didn't have this problem, though I used LP for just a little while since I've grown accostomed and used to ADW, but while on LP, the phone icon opened the dial pad. Why change it from the shortcut to the dial pad to the phone application? I am actually stumped. Try looking into the preferences while you have the 'phone' application open and see if there's something there. I looked at mine and couldn't find anything.

good luck

OP
jcwilliams

jcwilliams

Reaction score
I don't know if it's a LP issue or what. I know that when I was trying out PE5.0.2 I didn't have this problem, though I used LP for just a little while since I've grown accostomed and used to ADW, but while on LP, the phone icon opened the dial pad. Why change it from the shortcut to the dial pad to the phone application? I am actually stumped. Try looking into the preferences while you have the 'phone' application open and see if there's something there. I looked at mine and couldn't find anything.

good luck

Yea tell me about it started happening out of the blue! Its annoying lol. I just loaded petes 2.3.3 and its doing the same thing and his rom don't use lp. It only happens after I make a phone call. Rebooting or wiping or whatever I do does not cure it at all. I have no idea what to do. I'm going to try one last thing and its going to be to load pe4.2 (non gingerbread) and see what happens.

OP
jcwilliams

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Ok so check this out; I found out some more info on this issue...

If I go to favorites tab and make a call from one of my favorites then end call then go back into phone it takes me to favorites.

If I go into contacts tab and make a call from one of my contacts then end call then go back into phone it takes me to contacts tab.

See the trend here? Something is remembering where I make my call from (which tab) and then when I go back to phone that's where it takes me (where I made my last call from). What could be doing this? Its weird!

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Well, I do some sort of a trend. Maybe the reason I've never had the problem (and am stumped) is I don't have any 'favorites' set up in my contacts/dialer/phone.

OP
jcwilliams

jcwilliams

Reaction score
yea i have no idea either. it didnt start doing it until i loaded a theme (epic blue for pev5. then i restored back to a backup before i loaded epic blue ( where the problem didnt occur) and it did it there as well. so idk. :mad:

OP
jcwilliams

jcwilliams

Reaction score
just flashed pe4.2(non gingerbread) and my problem is gone. i dont want to run 4.2. why would v5 give me that issue? bc its GB? weird as hell. what could i try now that the problem is gone to maybe get a good fresh clean start on v5 again?

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Yeah, I don't think it is a GB issue, I'm testing CM7RC2 right now and don't have your symptom, so maybe a fresh install with a data/cache wipe might do the trick.

good luck