Phone Powers off after calls

strobez395

Reaction score
I just rooted and put 2.2 on my phone with Buglessbeast so we'll see if that fixed anything...but before I rooted I would say on more than 50% of my calls, after the conversation was done I would be stuck with a black screen.. I would have to do a battery pull to get my phone functionable again (I would have a black screen and thats it)

Any ideas on this? (I haven't done many calls since yesterday when I rooted so I'm not sure if its fixed but even so...has any one else had this problem?)

toddj

Reaction score
I've been experiencing the same issue (bb 2.1 rom v1.1) but I think mine is due to a bad proximity sensor. The screen shuts off and doesn't come back on during call, and if they hang up before i slide my keyboard open, the screen will not come back on until 1 of 2 things happen
1. battery yank to reboot
2. someone calls me
At least I think it's related to the proximity sensor, but since it doesn't come back on as it should, maybe it's a bug somewhere.
The same thing occurs to me any time though, stock 2.0.1, stock 2.1, 2.1 roms, and 2.2 roms.
Gotta call verizon again and try my third go at a good phone :)

OP
S

strobez395

Reaction score
Hmm...I'll have to see if its still doing it...this is already my second droid because my first one stopped turning on. I guess if I have to then I'll unroot and get a new one..again. I'm not sure if its a bug cause my last droid didn't have the problem..so it might be hardware...its just extremely annoying.