Phone on a not payed account list what can i do ? HELP!! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

bje1982

Reaction score
Yeah....next time you buy a phone call Verizon to make sure nothings wrong with the account

PM me next time Ill look it up right here at work for anyone..

sorry for the double post..

Edit: And what I mean of course is I can run the phone through the database to verify for you before you buy the phone that its not on the lost stolen or non payment list.. I will not look up anyones account sorry if anyone was confused.

Last edited:

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
i bought this phone from a guy on march 1st Droid.. and i went to reactivate it on may 27 cause i de activated it that same day i used the old phone i had because i needed to get something off of it and when i tryed to re-activate it verizon say it was put on this list because whoever owned it before didnt pay there bills so the phones locked what can i do to get it to work.. i have insurance.. also please help..

Good luck. You're braver that I for buying a used phone.

BTW, that's one helluva run-on sentence :D

OP
T

tootsookay

Reaction score
it was on my account i've been using it since march.. i said that the first time..

drewlamo1

Reaction score
if when you originally bought the phone from this guy you were able to activate it?

doesnt make sense that when you switched to the blackberry then back to the droid you are now perma blocked from it.

didnt once you put the phone on your line you took over the esn number and what not?

my wife at one point switched from the blackberry to the rogue, then i went to vzw store and switched to blackberry but the esn was locked.

the store rep made a quick call and unlocked it for me.

something aint right with the situation, i mean if you got insurance on the phone then at some point it was on your account so therefore its your phone

I would call verizon and talk to someone lol or go to a store near you and just explain that the phone was on your account and now you want to put it back on. just make sure they know that the phone WAS on your account and working and you just want to switch it back.

weird... good luck

brochaos

Reaction score
thats exactly what i was thinking. he didn't explain it very clearly, but the droid was working on his LEGIT account for 3 months. then he reactivated his tour, and then reactivated his droid a second time. i would assume that when you activated it the first time, VZW transferred the ESN to your legit account instead of leaving it on the sellers PAST DUE account.

although if we can't understand what he's saying, i doubt the reps at vzw would be able to either...

if when you originally bought the phone from this guy you were able to activate it?

doesnt make sense that when you switched to the blackberry then back to the droid you are now perma blocked from it.

didnt once you put the phone on your line you took over the esn number and what not?

my wife at one point switched from the blackberry to the rogue, then i went to vzw store and switched to blackberry but the esn was locked.

the store rep made a quick call and unlocked it for me.

something aint right with the situation, i mean if you got insurance on the phone then at some point it was on your account so therefore its your phone

I would call verizon and talk to someone lol or go to a store near you and just explain that the phone was on your account and now you want to put it back on. just make sure they know that the phone WAS on your account and working and you just want to switch it back.

weird... good luck

OP
T

tootsookay

Reaction score
thatswhat i told verizon but there like o because the phone used to be on the other guys account and he never ppaied the bill and his account got cancelled so it locked the droid because it used to be on his account.. i dont get why they do that BS>>

bje1982

Reaction score
it was on my account i've been using it since march.. i said that the first time..

If it was already on your account then they cant say sh*t if that guy didnt pay his bill the phone was already activated by you..

Im glad that you got a replacement.

I really hate when they try that crap with people..

Anyone that needs any help with Verizon Pm me and Ill go to bat for you.

Even though I work for them Im a customer as well and am always on the customers side because of course big corporate companies try to get over whenever possible.

Reaction score
None of this makes sense.

If you activated the phone they wouldn't suddenly cut you off if YOU were paying the bill. Now if you bought someone's phone and the fool didn't close the account and all you did was *28 then the phone was again activated on the original owners account. They didn't pay the bills for the phone and poof it quit working. You tried to get your own account and that is when the problems occurred. Even with that situation I can't see how this would be an issue. You are not the same person as the original owner and so long as you sign a contract and pass a proper credit check I can't see why Big Red would care about the phone. (They will still attempt to collect on the old account even if someone else has the phone and is paying for service on it.)

The Verizon bills list the phones on them so you should be able to go to a store and get the phone back online. The only reason I can think that you would have trouble is that you not totally being truthful about the history of this phone. Like it might belong to a family member at the same address or something.

OP
T

tootsookay

Reaction score
o ya im lying about it.. haha ur funny... no it doesnt matter i got a new one from Asurion. so thank u..

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

If it was already on your account then they cant say sh*t if that guy didnt pay his bill the phone was already activated by you..

Even though I work for them Im a customer as well and am always on the customers side because of course big corporate companies try to get over whenever possible.
While it is very nice offer to help, you know that you are not allowed to be doing those things. Anyone could PM you with a phone number to look up an account, even if it isn't theirs and you could be providing sensitive information. I know as a VZW employee for several years that this is a definite no-no, and also you signed NDA for proprietary information that is to remain within the company. Again, it's nice you made the offer, but on DF we cannot allow Reps or VZW employees of any position to be offering to look up accounts for people.

bje1982

Reaction score

While it is very nice offer to help, you know that you are not allowed to be doing those things. Anyone could PM you with a phone number to look up an account, even if it isn't theirs and you could be providing sensitive information. I know as a VZW employee for several years that this is a definite no-no, and also you signed NDA for proprietary information that is to remain within the company. Again, it's nice you made the offer, but on DF we cannot allow Reps or VZW employees of any position to be offering to look up accounts for people.

your right I got carried away lol I had a similar situation with another carrier with another smartphone and got beat so to hear that got to me.. but it definetly seems like there's mopre to the story with this because if he already used the phone for that long it should be clear..

nikkix

Reaction score
i think youre sticking your nose where it doesnt belong. he offered to make sure the phone isnt on some blacklist, and thats it. verizon would do it for you, hes just offering to make it easier. which is really nice of him.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
The OP got a replacement device.

:closed_2:

Status
Not open for further replies.