Phone numbers doubled

Troops2990

Reaction score
When i look at my contacts list, if i click on the little box to the left of the person's name and then select either the green phone button or my text message button, all the numbers for that person will be doubled. 1 with dashes, 1 without... When i push on their name to view the contact info, it only shows 1 number for the person... Any ideas on how to fix this??? Thanks

DogPaw

Reaction score
Pull up one of the contacts with a double number and select to edit contact. Scroll down in edit to see if another account has been added. Mine added the numbers for my Facebook friends so many of my most used contacts had double numbers.

Atr631

Reaction score
Contacts doubled and then some.

I am having the same problem.

I see "Google contact" and "Motorola Services contact". The Moto contact has multiple copies inside the contact as well. How do I fix this?
Thanks in advance

BuckyN8

Reaction score
Same problem. Going to subscribe to see if we can find a fix. Thanks OP for asking this!

SergeantDroid

Reaction score
Try this, in the Contacts app, click on Menu, then press Display Options. Choose which contacts to display. For instance, I only want my Google account contacts displayed on my phone. Hope this helps.

countryboy88

Reaction score
Had that problem. Chose only to show contacts from my actual phone. So hide facebook and google.
The numbers I do have most will automatically link to their Fb profile pic though

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

vachick

Reaction score
I had the same issue. Double numbers for multiple contacts. Joining didn't work, only selecting one email to sync contacts with didn't work. What did work was backing up all of my data and doing a factory reset. I did not immediately set up google email or any other account when setting the phone back up. After the very basic set up, I activated my main gmail and facebook. No doubles. Then the other email accounts were activated, only syncing the email, not contacts. Also, I do not have the backup assistant syncing. No doubles!

Good luck! It was a pain, but it worked.

C3P0

Reaction score
My issue is that some of my contacts that I need are the motorola services contact type, but they wont sync with gmail. Any idea how to convert the type of contact it is? I just finished dealing with the issue of having 80,000 contacts and merging them (the motorola services contacts I believe are from backup assistant. when verizon put them on my phone, each contact had about 50 motorola services duplicates...I believe from every single auto-backup of my last phone (blackberry in between D1 and Bionic).

vachick

Reaction score
I added my facebook account (still no doubles) and then added facebook from the market (DOUBLES!). I had to uninstall the market version and remove my facebook account from the phone, then add the fb account back without the market version. No doubles. I will have to go through the browser to get to fb now, but no more double contacts. (Hope that made sense)