Phone not charging

hgrimberg

Reaction score
I have to find a sweet spot for the charger plug on the phone's outlet (mini USB port) to be able to start charging. It seems that the plug is too loose and to make it charge, I have to apply some force so that the tip of the plug reaches a sweet spot inside and it works. If I release my hand, it doesn't charge.
This is very weird. It started yesterday when I tried to charge the phone and a black screen with white characters saying "Bootloader" and some info about the phone. It did that for some time and later, the Motorola logo was showing up for some seconds but not charging. This is really very problematic. I can't normally charge my phone.
Any idea of what can be happening?

Last edited:

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
I have to find a sweet spot for the charger plug on the phone's outlet (mini USB port) to be able to start charging. It seems that the plug is too loose and to make it charge, I have to apply some force so that the tip of the plug reaches a sweet spot inside and it works. If I release my hand, it doesn't charge.
This is very weird. It started yesterday when I tried to charge the phone and a black screen with white characters saying "Bootloader" and some info about the phone. It did that for some time and later, the Motorola logo was showing up for some seconds but not charging. This is really very problematic. I can't normally charge my phone.
Any idea of what can be happening?

Is this using a wall charger or do you have it plugged into a USB port. Because the bootloader screen normally comes up when rebooting and it is plugged into a USB port.
Since you have Droid 2, if it is in a wall charger and you are seeing the screen, it appears the port may have been damaged somehow and from the others asking the same question in the past on these forums, you may need to get a replacement. You may need to call about your warranty or talk to a CSR.

OP
hgrimberg

hgrimberg

Reaction score
Like about a month ago, I bought a cheap chinese car charger for the motorola V8. It worked ok for all this time until yesterday that it started to switch from charging to not charging for like about a minute when I noticed it and move the plug to stop it. This could have damaged the port and then when I pulgged my wall charger, it didn't work anymore.
This is really complicated because I am not on Verizon and I dont live in the US, so I guess that the only way for me to fix it will be to try to find the spare part and replace it myself... if this is possible...
Thank you.

DC 1127

Reaction score
It sounds like you just need a new charger. This had happened to me with almost every charger I've bought. When i had my original droid i would wake up at 2 in the morning to my phone rebooting, cutting off, then repeating over and over just because of the charger. Most likely the cord on your charger has came loose from the micro usb end and you have to bend or push a certain way for the wire to reconnect then charge your phone. Its really annoying.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
hgrimberg

hgrimberg

Reaction score
Exactly!!! It was the charger. Thank you

It sounds like you just need a new charger. This had happened to me with almost every charger I've bought. When i had my original droid i would wake up at 2 in the morning to my phone rebooting, cutting off, then repeating over and over just because of the charger. Most likely the cord on your charger has came loose from the micro usb end and you have to bend or push a certain way for the wire to reconnect then charge your phone. Its really annoying.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Last edited: