Phone not being recognized

corkscrew

Reaction score
My phone isn't being recognized on my computer, and it says I need to insert the disc that was included to install Motorola MTP Interface. Does anyone have a link to where I can download those drivers/program?

Thanks

OP
C

corkscrew

Reaction score
I've tried that already. I have the drivers for the phone, but it still says I need the "Motorola MTP Interface" drivers.

OP
C

corkscrew

Reaction score
I have all the drivers besides the MTP interface, thanks though.

any other suggestions?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Aren't the driver install links what you were asking for?

DroidForums junkie!

OP
C

corkscrew

Reaction score
I've installed all the drivers in the given links, and restarted my computer, but it still won't show up in "My Computer" or be recognized at all. It just scans for driver updates and says I need to insert the disc, which I dont have.

What could be causing this? Is there any setting that may be causing this that I need to change?

celblazer

Reaction score
What is your Droid "USB Connection" Set to? "PC Mode"? "USB Mass Storage"? or ??

They are the 2 of the 4 modes that I know work with Windows 7 for me with the above drivers. I don't know how the phone shows up if you are in "Charge Only or Windows Media Sync" mode.

OP
C

corkscrew

Reaction score
I've been using the USB Mass Storage mode. Now I went into device manager on my computer, and it's saying there are no drivers installed for the phone. Could I bring my phone to Verizon and have them install the drivers to my phone?

celblazer

Reaction score
What version of Windows are you running?

Under device manager in Windows 7 My Droid list 4 drivers under HID (Human Interface Devices), 1 under Bluetooth Radio and 1 under Modems. So 6 total and only one under HID actually shows as the "Droid phone" all the other have generic descriptions.

OP
C

corkscrew

Reaction score
I'm running Windows Vista 32 bit. My phone shows up in "Other Devices" as "A955"

celblazer

Reaction score
Sorry but I'm out of suggestions. Sounds like a windows problem. Trying the phone on another computer would be my last suggestion. Someone smarter than me may be able to suggest something else.