Phone Loses Service When Texting or Calling

Crixler

Reaction score
Yesterday, my Droid 2 suddenly started losing service whenever I would try to send a text or send or receive a call. I'm occasionally able to get a text through, but I cannot receive any, and I can send and receive calls, except they end immediately. The service is only lost for about a second, and then comes back. When it does this, it usually goes back one menu from what I was currently on. My twitter app seems to work fine, I think it's just calling and texting that's not working.

Help would be appreciated!

Edit: It does sometimes lose service when I'm not texting or calling, actually. Just not as often.

Last edited:

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
First, get rid of any task managers. Second get rid of any antivirus app.

Third, if the two above don't fix it, see if there is any other app that's not needed and conflicting with your Android's resident handling of RAM.

If all the above fails, get a warranty replacement.

good luck

OP
Crixler

Crixler

Reaction score
I tried uninstalling Lookout, and that didn't change anything.
So I got a replacement, and it does the exact same thing, before I've even installed a single thing. But it worked perfectly fine when I was activating it.

regulis7

Reaction score
Since you did not install any 3rd party apps on the replacement device and having the exact same issue you may need to contact your carriers Tech Support and have them put in a Trouble Ticket. Could be something in your provisioning for services in the local servers, or it could be a network issue. Very strange when two devices have identical problems for one user, especially when no 3rd party apps were installed... only thing in common is user, location and network provisioning.