Phone locked?

DroidAxiom

Reaction score
Im not exactly sure What happened, but I Was moving some stuff at work with the phone in my pocket.

Im not sure if I banged my phone against anything or not, but im pretty sure I didn't.

Anyways, after moving I decided to check my phone, but the screen wouldn't turn on upon pressing on the power button.

I wasn't getting any reaction out if my phone until I did a battery pull. Afterwards the phone powered on with ~90% battery power.

Has anyone else encountered this and knows what causes this? I've had the phone approximately 4 weeks and this is the first tine this happened to me.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

TatDroid

Reaction score
Yep, know issue. It's happened to me twice in the two months I've had my Bionic. I can live with that. Hopefully the OTA update will fix it.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've heard it called BSoD for "Black Screen of Death." For some reason, the Bionic becomes unresponsive and only a battery pull can fix it.

It's happened to me a couple of times and hopefully the update will fix it.

OP
D

DroidAxiom

Reaction score
Ah. So that's what a Bod is. I've heard the term, but I figured that the phone would brick if that happened so it never occurred to me that it was that.

fly2hip8

Reaction score
Well, technically BSOD is blue screen of death. It is a computer term

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Yes, till they get it fixed, believe they are calling it a security feature ;-)

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Btw... does anyone know if/where logs are kept on the Bionic that would show shutdowns and/or restarts?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, technically BSOD is blue screen of death. It is a computer term

Well, the Bionic is also a computer and they changed what "B" meant for the occasion. :p

Last edited:

Ansa82

Reaction score
Mine did it when I put it down on the table...could the battery be responding to movement? It's WIERD.

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Mine did it when I put it down on the table...could the battery be responding to movement? It's WIERD.

Don't think so... mine has shut itself down/rebooted just sitting there, both on or off the charger. I tend to lean towards a firmware issue given all I have heard.