phone locked up on reboot after i installed the cm7 zip from sd card

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
thats my problem; there is no sbf in there to choose from or atleast i didnt see it...i checked everywhere from downloads, desktop and some download x86 or something.........and it wont read my device for ****... i even ran it as admin to.....thanks

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
yea man i agree...i thought doin what this guy said would be fine or which i probably did wrong but either way i didnt know what i was doin and my whole screen is spider webbed and i have an upgrade ready so i figure since im gonna get an upgrade to experiment....i went out of my league

2mnydgs

Reaction score
This. *with dl links for everything from rsd lite to gapps*...Should be a giant, bold font sticky for going from froyo to gb to cm7 here and at rootzwiki/just sayin :)
load up RSDLite (run as administrator)
Power off the phone, Turn it on holding the UP ARROW key on the hardware keyboard should see a very different screen.
Plug in the phone that screen should say USB

Choose the SBF file you want to flash in RSD (.330 works best)
on the RSD light window you sould see a device listed on port #1 If not unplug and replug in the phone.
Once you see a device hit the start button. Let it go and do it's thing, it will eventually say rebooting phone.
When you see the press android you have completed the SBF proccess.

If you bootloop (keep seeing the droid animation over and over:
Turn off the phone (Battery Pull)
Hold down the x key on the hardware keyboard and power up the unit
When you see the triangle press the search key on the hardware keyboard (Magnifying glass)
Wipe Cache and Data
Reboot

Now you should have a stock install of MotoBlur .330

To Install the GB leak (needed to run the latest CM7 for GB base -best version out there):
Download the leak.7z (.606 or .607) found on RootWiki
READ THE INSTRUCTIONS THAT COME WITH THE RELEASE!
You will need to rename the file update.zip and copy it to the root of your SDcard

Power down the phone
Hold the X key and power up.
Select install update.zip

Let it do it's thing...When it's done reboot
You should now have the stock Moto GingerBlur.

Root it using the D3 Root one click.
Reboot!

Install D2 Bootstrapper
When you see success go into recovery mode, Flash CM74GB, Gapps Wipe Data and Cache, reboot!

You have the RSDLite and SBF stuff, All the other stuff I mentioned can be found on RootWiki (and probably here somewhere with the exception of CM7 and Gapps)

... have you thought about maybe getting an iphone?
word

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
VRZ_A955_2.3.20_1FF_01.sbf.........................this is whats in the little window beside the 3 little dots
bootloader version is sayin n/a.
no devise is in port one

kickyindahead

Reaction score
VRZ_A955_2.3.20_1FF_01.sbf.........................this is whats in the little window beside the 3 little dots
bootloader version is sayin n/a.
no devise is in port one

well first of all .. that is the sbf file for the droid 2 .. since you are in the DROID 2 GLOBAL forum .. do you have a droid 2 or a droid 2 global? did you hold the up arrow on the keyboard (thats the one pointing towards the screen) while powering on your droid to get into the "bootloader"? then did you try having rsdlite open THEN plugging in the phone? Also you can try to unplug the phone (with rsdlite still open) and then replugging it in.

EDIT: Matter of fact .. do me a favor hit the menu button and go into setting>about phone> and tel me what the model number says...

Last edited:

Asphyx

Reaction score
no device is listed in port one....
no file of .330 is listed...

did you browse to where the SBF file was or did you just expect the computer to read your mind and remember where it was you downloaded it?
You probably didn't install the drivers if you don't see the phone listed in port 1.

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
well first of all .. that is the sbf file for the droid 2 .. since you are in the DROID 2 GLOBAL forum .. do you have a droid 2 or a droid 2 global? did you hold the up arrow on the keyboard (thats the one pointing towards the screen) while powering on your droid to get into the "bootloader"? then did you try having rsdlite open THEN plugging in the phone? Also you can try to unplug the phone (with rsdlite still open) and then replugging it in.

EDIT: Matter of fact .. do me a favor hit the menu button and go into setting>about phone> and tel me what the model number says...
its a droid 2 global....when i go to droid 2 global sbf file or zip, it just says invalid no matter how many times i dl it...
i cant get into my phone...it just sits at the white m logo
yea i did all that

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
asphyx....yea i dl the 64 bit an i did i go search in the file box but it wont let me choose the sbf for droid 2 global...it says invalid
im abt to post a video of what im doin

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
ok so heres the problem...the sbf for droid 2 global wont open......invalid