Phone home and search button wont work, please help

jtinlai14

Reaction score
ive tried rebooting, didnt work. but heres the problems, when i try hitting the home and search buttons near the edge of the phone, it vibrates and lights up, but it doesnt do anything. Also when i go to setting/security , i check the box that says require pattern. But when i sleep my phone and wake it up, there is no password to enter. Also i didnt press anything, but the phone kind of turned off (it went to the screen when there is a red ball and the orange lines light up going outwards) It happens when you turn on your phone too.

rightsidecross

Reaction score
My phone's home button won't work either. I've turned haptic on and off. Nothing changes. It won't lock either. If I push the button to sleep the phone and push it again it turns on without needing to slide or unlock.

OP
J

jtinlai14

Reaction score
i went to settings-privacy-factory data reset. This deletes everything except contacts, and pictures. also music. but apps and other memories will be deleted. Thats what i did, and now everything is back to normal.

bearfightsninja

Reaction score
Don't do a faxtory data reset! Go to settings location and security- screen lock timer. Mess around with those settings also settings-display-screen time out. Then press the lock key. That worked for me. Let me know if any of this helos

OP
J

jtinlai14

Reaction score
too late i did the reset long before you commented. it worked.