Phone help for bricked or bootlooped phone for free

greyghost04

Reaction score
I have a rooted S4. Everyday the phone was trying to upgrade to KitKat and would fail after a lengthy download. So I tried to install a new ROM, only to soft brick the phone. I spent a week trying to rectify that situation. On a forum someone mentioned going to Best Buy and going to the Samsung store. Well I bought my phone used on Ebay, but I had no options left. I would even pay them to fix it. Got to the store and went to the Samsung desk. I was totally honest with the guy about what happened. He said, "Let me see what I can do". Plugged it into his laptop and ran some checks. "You sure screwed up this phone". Yes I did. Started Odin I think and it started a complete wipe and then reloaded Samsung everything, including the Kit Kat update. After about 15 minutes he hands me back the phone and it is like the day it was first bought, except for the new 4.4 update!!! I wanted to hug him, but that might have looked weird. So I asked," What do I owe you?" "Nothing, you are in the Samsung family". I tried to give him 10 bucks, but he refused to take it. Walked out of Best Buy a Samsung customer forever!

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Thats pretty awesome!

Sent from my XT1060