Phone got wet, now battery icon will just flash???

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Fox's method works great as a component of Beer Pong, especially toward the end of the game. Nearby observers beware! Phones have been known to be imbedded in walls. Doesn't help the phone, but makes for a great video.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
My tube sock method works quite well. First make sure you use a stock that is newer, strong and not full of holes. Place the phone inside the sock, bottom USB connector towards the toe of the sock. Go outside or in a room with high ceilings and no obstructions nearby, and begin swinging the sock in a circular motion around your head like a helicopter rotor. The faster you can swing it the better. The centrifugal force is so great that the water has no choice but to seep out the bottom and onto the sock. It's strong enough to get even water under surface mount chips to seep out and exit the phone. I say do it for at least a couple minutes or until your arm gets tired. Then go with the rice. By eliminating any pockets of water or water out from under chips you make it easier for air to flow inside and for any moisture that remains on interior surfaces to evaporate and leech into the rice.
Known as the Foxkopter.. Patent pending.. :)

Droid forums is not responsible for any personal loss or injury that may come as a result of improper use of the Foxkopter... Please try not to hit little neighbor Bobby in the head... He has a hard enough time with things...

But... If it does happen.. Please take pictures....

Last edited:

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Known as the Foxkopter.. Patent pending.. :)

Droid forums is not responsible for any personal loss or injury that may come as a result of improper use of the Foxkopter... Please try not to hit little neighbor Bobby in the head... He has a hard enough time with things...

But... If it does happen.. Please take pictures....
Brilliant ! I was visualizing something like that yesterday but couldn't come up with something as clever as "FoxKopter .. Patent Pending" ( Patent Pending Knocked it out of the park ) *****

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
FoxKopter! Love it! But it's a capital K! You know, got to keep that branding thing going.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
FoxKopter! Love it! But it's a capital K! You know, got to keep that branding thing going.
I thought I had.. Dang autocorrect... But of course.. Branding...

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to FoxKat a battery in the FoxKopter?
...... We should stop here..... OP must think we're not all there... not that we ever were. :)

LegitHenry

Reaction score
Twitter
legit_henry
If all methods don't work and the phone is still under warranty, do the needful

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I do wonder.. Wasn't the turbo offered with a 1 time free replacement.. No questions asked??? As such. Wouldn't taking your device for a swim, fall under that??? I know it was a screen issue that prompted the statement.. But I'm curious.. Am I remembering incorrectly?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
That's a one-time free replacement for cracked screen only AFAIK.

iiWoodstocK

Reaction score
Yep. Also, if I remember correctly, if they determine there's more damage than just a cracked screen (like it crack from being bent) basically more damage than the average fall could have caused, then it wouldn't qualify for the free replacement. Its probably because they aren't fixing the screen, but rather replacing the entire phone with a refurb and want to reduce/eliminate chances of people having other damage and just smashing the screen to get a replacement

iiWoodstocK

Reaction score
Not ashamed to admit I wil totally be smashing this thing in around 20 months to get me a "new" refurbed battery.
:D
LOL. Also, I think Moto has a no questions asked(?) refurb replacement within the first year.

So IIRC, Moto replacement in first 12 months possibly no questions asked, and Verizon screen replacement, damage must be only the screen, (through trading screen cracked phone for a refurb) in the first 24 months

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'm gonna have to check into this.. I thought it was a no questions asked.. But..you're probably correct..

Baaahahahahahaha.. I called vzw.. And 2 people hadn't even heard of the no questions asked for a broken screen... Had to elevate to tier 2..then the person said... Oh.. On a droid turbo?? ... Yes sir.. That's right . I'll never get that 45 mins back ..

Last edited: