Phone goes to "Call Log" after hangup.

Big D

Reaction score
Is there any way to have the phone just go to the home screen after you hang up?

This drives me nuts. Noty sure why the phone makes you manually close the call log after you use the phone.

Thanks.

OP
B

Big D

Reaction score
Anyone?

(or should I say "Bump")

smokinfish

Reaction score
Yes I agree it is a pain. I've also notice if the phone times out and you start up again the last screen you had on your phone is displayed. Every time this happens I accidentally call the last person I spoke to. It is annoying. Hope someone has an answer or work around for this.

mobo10

Reaction score
WOW! Thank you so much for this. This functionality was killing me! BTW - search the marketplace for "Not Call Log" to find.

robboxedit

Reaction score
I agree...wow! thats great, such a simple thing. it amazes me what apps are out there. not sure I would have ever thought to actually search for something like that.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
an app like that shouldn't even exist, it should be a basic function on the phone. Hopefully an update fixes it, or gives an option to end a phone call to home screen,

fezdlc

Reaction score
Wow thanks! It fixed dt annoying problem!.. were so lucky dat android is open source!

theascended

Reaction score
As far as I've been able to tell this is not a setting.

If you watch closely after a call, the log comes up then goes away. My best guess is that the app registered itself to be opened when a call ends and it triggers the home key to bring up the main screen. I don't see it as a running application, service, or process.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
As far as I've been able to tell this is not a setting.

If you watch closely after a call, the log comes up then goes away. My best guess is that the app registered itself to be opened when a call ends and it triggers the home key to bring up the main screen. I don't see it as a running application, service, or process.

I don't care what it does...It just works!:icon_ banana:

pattont

Reaction score
It is an application that runs all the time using about 2MB of memory apparently. I force close it with 'Advanced Task Killer' and as soon as I make a phone call it comes right back. I will sacrifice the 2MB of memory for now until this is something that is fixed in the OS. This should be a must-be fixed issue. Great app though!

rogerl

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I am the creator of not call log, and i am in the need of some assistance in getting to the GoogleIO conference this year! It is $400 plus airfare/hotel! I have created a little donation app that allows you do donate to my cause through paypal! plus you get a dorky version of snake, some music by my friends in Boomzzilla, and you will get a free version of my new app RingRandom (reg .99) as soon as i release it, in the coming weeks.
Please show your support for my app, and donate!
Thanks again for all of the support!
-Roger L

googleiocode.png