phone gets into mode where it keeps going back to last app

yaronshr

Reaction score
I'm using a Droid 2 Global, Android 2.3.3, with Verizon.

Every so often - the frequency varies - the phone gets into a mode where, if I tap anything on the home screen - no matter what - there is a delay, and then the phone goes back to whatever the last application was that ran.
If I then tap "home," it would go to the home screen, and "draw" the home screen more slowly than normal (which is instant) - and then if I tap anything on the home screen, the same thing happens.
If, from the application, I tap "back," it goes back to the last application before that - and then that becomes the application that it keeps going back to.

The way I get out of this is by power-cycling the phone.

Is this a known problem? I tried Googling for it, didn't find anything.

I haven't been able to correlate it to any particular type of activity or application. It doesn't seem related to the amount of memory in use or the number of "running" apps.

Thanks!

ambrown

Reaction score
I had a similar issue that seemed to correlate to the stock Sense UI launcher. At least that's what I think it was since it wouldn't go to home and instead cycled through all the open apps in the background(which were usually the apps I had recently used). Once I switched to Go Launcher I no longer had this problem. Basically what's happening is your launcher is crashing, much the same way an app crashes, and it has to restart (thus the longer load time).

Sent from my Droid Incredible on 2.3.4 using the DroidForums app